Does rim's warranty policy cover cosmetic damage, cause i dropped my 9810 a lot and now there's a lot of chips on the paint also the accelerometer does not work properly all the time.

i wouldn't mind a refurbished phone
    Last edited by l3lueberry; 04-01-12 at 06:28 PM.
    kemj likes this.
    04-01-12 06:26 PM
    Does rim's warranty policy cover cosmetic damage, cause i dropped my 9810 a lot and now there's a lot of chips on the paint also the accelerometer does not work properly all the time.

No they don't warranty against clumsiness.
    soogriff likes this.
    04-01-12 06:39 PM
    Physical damage will void the warranty.
    04-01-12 06:44 PM

You should have bought those 3rd party insurance when you bought your device if you want replacement. Nothing is free in these world.
    04-01-12 06:47 PM

I gave you a Thank for a simple reason.

I've dropped my 9900 like three times, and I read about you accel not working properly and I had to check mine. I opened Wikitude and a message appeared that the version I was running was no longer supported and redirected me to App World to upgrade the app. I had no idea that I missed that update... haha So, thank you (:
    04-01-12 06:50 PM
    If you're that worried about it you can just say something on the phone isn't working right and they will possibly swap it out over the phone. I've done it a few times cause I had problems with my phone or because I wanted to get a "new" one before I sold the phone. Not condoning lying or anything but this is from my experience.
    l3lueberry likes this.
    04-01-12 09:05 PM
    RIM is staring to get picky in exchanging smartphones... My carrier has my credit card number so if I bring a phone for warranty and RIM determines it is due to missuse by me... My credit card gets dinged.. Happened to a computer client of mine last month....
    04-01-12 09:18 PM
    If you're that worried about it you can just say something on the phone isn't working right and they will possibly swap it out over the phone. I've done it a few times cause I had problems with my phone or because I wanted to get a "new" one before I sold the phone. Not condoning lying or anything but this is from my experience.
    This was the kind of answer I was looking for! there is some issues with the camera as well as the accelerometer. Thanks!
    04-02-12 01:16 AM

The warranty will not cover cosmetics, but it sounds like you have a hardware problem, which may or may not be related to you dropping the phone. Bring it into a Telus store and explain your hardware problems and ask them to fix it. The worst thing they can say is no.
    04-02-12 09:35 AM
    If I back into a post with my car and my rad starts leaking a week later.....
    04-02-12 09:39 AM
    If I back into a post with my car and my rad starts leaking a week later.....
    But cars are not designed to back into posts. BlackBerries and other phones are designed to take a drop. It is up to BlackBerry to decide if the problems are related to the drop being too severe.

In addition, some carriers will fix phones out of good will, rather than loose a customer. For example, if you are on a Rogers contract, even month to month, they will repair a phone if repairable once every two years, just as part of handset protection guarantee that is included on post paid accounts. I think there is a $35 fee though and a limit to $150 repair. The details are on the Rogers web site.
    04-02-12 09:46 AM
    One thing to keep in mind:

You'll probably have to send the damaged phone back. Every warranty exchange I've ever done - and I've done at least 6 with Sprint - I had to send the bad phone back to them. If there is any sign of physical damage from clumsiness to water damage, your warranty is voided and you'll be charged full MSRP for the phone. They're not stupid.
    04-02-12 09:54 AM
    BlackBerries and other phones are designed to take a drop. ....
    Where did you get that from?
    04-02-12 11:08 AM

Search on crackberry on how blackberries deal with drops. The correct wording whatsoever is that "blackberries are meant to be dropped and survive it"

Yea. If you have warranty, maybe.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.342 with Tapatalk and my fingers
    04-02-12 11:18 AM
    From CrackBerry of course

http://crackberry.com/how-blackberry...ted-durability

Here it is on the actual BlackBerry site:

BlackBerry Smartphones: The Story of Durability Testing [VIDEOS] �Inside BlackBerry - The Official BlackBerry Blog
    04-02-12 11:28 AM
    Cool stuff, thanks for sharing.
    04-02-12 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD