View Poll Results: Are you affected by this software issue?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and I would like to see a fix.

1 25.00%
  • Yes, and I do not use any today type themes as a result.

0 0%
  • No, the battery pull is a good enough fix for me.

0 0%
  • No, I don't use any Today themes.

3 75.00%
    Deleted SMS messages are still displayed on the Home screen when the Today theme is selected

Hello - I have spent more time working on this issue then I care to admit. I have seen at least a dozen topics about this, but have not seen anyone reference contacting RIM and getting their take on it. I did that and I was told that they are aware of the issue and it has something to do with their software (I could not get him to confirm theme or OS). They have been internally aware of the issue since 03/2008. I have found an KB article on their site pertaining to this and confirmed by the rep, it is KB14932. It was last modified on 12/2008 to have the workaround to do a battery pull.

You can view it at their BTSC site I do not have enough posts to be able to post URL's maybe someone can reply for the less knoledgeable users, or maybe an admin can modify this post to replace this sentence with the BTSC site.

If you are a user with any kind of protective wrap around your BB then you know how much a pain in the *** this can be, I happen to use the Otterbox, which almost requires a tool set to get apart. There is a keyboard shortcut that also is equivalent to a battery pull, but is by no means a fix.

shortcut for Curve 8330 = ALT+RT-SHIFT+DEL

I get about 50 messages a day and every day I have stuck messages. When I asked if they were planing on fixing this anytime soon ( its already been a year) I was told its not a priority.

I understand that this is not a device crashing issue, but I am sure its one that affects many of their users across multiple models. I did confirm that its not even been slated to be resolved in the next release of any carrier.

I am posting this in the hope that:
    1. nobody else bothers creating a topic about this, maybe it can go in the FAQ section?
    2. determine how many crackberry users would appreciate a fix for this from RIM?

I do not wish to have this topic guess/re-discuss/further discuss/ what could be causing the issue, I already know what it is, I already know what can be done to deal with it, I am using the factory installed BB Today theme.

**NOTE** Going into messages folder, scroll to top, BBMenu, mark prior as opened has removed stuck messages everytime
    Last edited by dlenn845; 04-27-09 at 12:34 PM.
    04-15-09 10:02 AM
    If it only hits the Today theme it sounds like a theme bug. Is Today an official RIM theme or third party on your phone?
    04-15-09 11:03 AM
    Sounds like the themes you're using cache incoming msgs as they come in, but have no idea whether they've been deleted. The theme would have to cyclically refresh it's msg database, or refresh when requested (ie... hiliting the msgs icon, changing pages etc).
    04-15-09 12:47 PM
    Thanks for your input, but I am not really interested in further debate on the possible cause of the bug, don't take that the wrong way please!!! Its been debated enough on this site and many others, I am simply trying to determine if there is a group of users interested in seeing this fixed or not. I also wanted to point out a better workaround then dismantling your BB each time you have this occur.
    04-15-09 01:55 PM
    It's a RIM theme. I just get the feeling that RIM would rather fix things other than a theme. There are other issues with that theme, most fixed with custom themes for the Bold.

I just gave up and bought PocketDay.
    04-15-09 02:59 PM
    I would question this being a today theme issue. I've used a today theme from the beginning and have only started having this problem with the OS release along with settings not being saved when doing a battery pull.
    04-15-09 03:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";