I'm sitting in my car waiting for my wife to get off work; its 2:30AM. Before this I met some complete strangers (Girl left her iPhone on a bench so I got it back to her) we hung out and gambled a bit. It was a relaxing night and now I'm listening to Seether's "I'm Broken" and thinking about BB10 and RIM's situation (yes I felt the song was appropriate). It got me thinking about my night and how life like before the news of the delay will go on. I, like most of you was extremely disappointed but, after really thinking about it I became a lot more confident in RIM. They Get It!! I Love my PlayBook but, come on, it's 100% Beta. BB10 cannot have 1 beta like feature or it will be toast. Thorsten made the hard decision but IMO the right decision. It is hard to be optimistic, especially when all my Apple loving friends are talking more than ever about RIM's "death spiral" but I'm managing. I just wanted to share my optimism and hopefully some of you will share in that. The devlopers certainly got burned on this, I understand their frustration and I hope they keep the optimism too and make BB10 that much better with their app. Anyway have a good night or morning and Stay Calm and Be Bold!

(Please forgive me if I rambled, had trouble connecting points or just didn't get my message across the way I wanted, I am very tired.)
    maddie1128 and CrackMachine like this.
    06-30-12 04:36 AM
    Keep dreaming. I truely do hope they turn it around but I'm not hanging around waiting for it to happen. They can send me a text if they do.
    06-30-12 07:12 AM
    Your wife is ok with you playing with some random girl!?
    06-30-12 07:31 AM
    Your wife is ok with you playing with some random girl!?
    Exactly what I was thinking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    howarmat likes this.
    06-30-12 08:09 AM
    It's not optimism, it's delusion.

You say " BB10 cannot have 1 beta like feature or it will be toast". That's true for a Sept/Oct. release of BB10. That all goes out the window with a 2013 release date - which would really point to it being close to 1 year away. It doesn't matter how finished BB10 is by then, it'll be too late for it to have any sort of impact.

Seriously, don't expect to see a BB10 phone.
    06-30-12 09:00 AM
    Yes RIM further eroding their credibility, perceived level of competency, developer relations, and giving the media tons more ammo for the death stories and adding at least two more awful earnings calls before the BB10 release, but they'll be fine. People will run out and buy BB10 devices in droves especially after hearing RIM is dead every week for the next 9 months. Devs will still make tons of apps that they might be able to monetize in March 2013, or later. They won't lose tons more people to Apple and Google because of BYOD especially with available devices and improved OS's being released by both and add in W8 in fall. My 9900 will keep me with them till BB10 is out, but nothing that happened yesterday was good for RIM or inspires confidence in their ability to get BB10 to market. Also BB10 won't be perfect or bug free at release and no OS ever is.
    Last edited by lnichols; 06-30-12 at 09:27 AM.
    06-30-12 09:16 AM
    Totally agree with you. I was disappointed but a day on it and it really doesn't affect me. I like what I got and retooling and streamlining a big company while developing a new platform is bumpy. Make sure its polished, haters are going to hate either way. Just make sure you don't agree with them.
    maddie1128 likes this.
    06-30-12 09:24 AM
    Will 9 more months make a huge difference? No.

My 9860 will continue serving my needs for now.

However, it's sad to see RIM fall further behind the competition from self-inflicted wounds. I fear there will be another exodus of users to other platforms in the fall. Just review the new poll from CrackBerry Kevin: "Will you wait for BB10?" Only 41% are sticking with BlackBerry.

And this is from CrackBerry users, the general population of BB users might be less favourable.

Each delay, hiccup, and misstep means BlackBerry will be more marginalized and a niche player in enterprise. RIM has lost the U.S. consumer market for now.

IF and when BBOS 10 arrives, then we will see what transpires.
    kbz1960 and JBenn911 like this.
    06-30-12 09:41 AM
    i also agree w/ you sleuth. the fact is though RIM is burning it down and starting over. this is almost necessary with companies. they get to bloated, lose focus, and are not responsive to markets. Profits going down and no increase in marketing? stream lining and refocusing is a good thing but it looks really bad. Since upgrading my 9860 i cant stay off it. im good.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    maddie1128 likes this.
    06-30-12 09:51 AM
    with the popularity of iP4s, the incoming 5, and android and windows bringing new phones to market for bts and holidays, i would say the eligible pool of customers for RIM to even try to sell BB10 to will be small.

Then factor in how many "novice" users wont buy becaise they read all the press, and I would say that I agree with the analysts that say BB10 will be dead on arrival.

the handset division wont make it until Q1 2013. the company will be parted out and RIM will go on as a shell of what it was.

the cash position will erode and the board will be forced to split and sell.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    06-30-12 09:52 AM
    However, it's sad to see RIM fall further behind the competition from self-inflicted wounds. I fear there will be another exodus of users to other platforms in the fall. Just review the new poll from CrackBerry Kevin: "Will you wait for BB10?" Only 41% are sticking with BlackBerry.

And this is from CrackBerry users, the general population of BB users might be less favourable.

However, if you look- it ISN'T really from BlackBerry users.....alot of those voting and posting have already moved on and continue to troll. So take the results with a grain of salt.
    06-30-12 10:20 AM
    Each month's delay means people with cell phone upgrade cycles coming due will go into their carrier store and see old Blackberries collecting dust, while the sales people are pushing new iPhone and Androids.

Each month's delay will mean RIM is getting more bad publicity, and the death and doom stories by the media are brainwashing consumers, so people will be afraid to buy a Blackberry for fear it will be gone and they will be stuck with an unsupported device.

I am happy with my Blackberries and Playbooks, but I have time to wait because I just entered my "cycle" and have functionality, and on the latest OS 7. But my wife is on OS 6 on her Torch 9800 which really is showing its age compared to my Torch 9810 with OS 7.

And with other phones the OS upgrades continue for some time on several years of hardware, while Blackberry phones have a tough upgrade (and fragmented between carriers). Most devices now are stuck at either OS 5, 6 or 7 with no hope of going to the next higher number (OS 5 devices will never have 6, and OS 6 will never have 7, and OS 7 will never have BB10).

The company needs to completely restructure and weed out the inefficiencies of this crazy number of phones and varieties of OS versions and work to support all of it. I am sure this is costing RIM plenty because they are not efficient.

Look at most other companies releasing way fewer models, they can focus more effort on a single phone.

So if RIM needs the time, let them have it. But in 2013 I expect there to be 2 killer BB10 phones that will be goodb enough to handle all the upgrades that newer RIM phones will get over several years, just like most iPhone models (even older ones) were able to upgrade the iOS to stay similar to the newest models.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    06-30-12 10:50 AM
    I've lost all hope, especially with the microsoft rumours we probably will never see BB10
    06-30-12 11:13 AM
    Haha ok let me clear this up for starters, it was not just some random girl, she was with her boyfriend. Also yes my wife and I have a very trusting relationship but back to RIM.

The delay is going to hurt them and the bad press is going to hurt them and yes if they do nothing to change the medias perception then BB10 could be DOA. I believe we will start to see some of the new marketing powers at work come the end of the year and fingers crossed but I believe if they do it right it could sway people. RIM needs to change how the world sees it. They need to have a rock solid plan for launch, a plan to keep up the excitement until launch and really strong marketing once BB10 does launch. I'm optimistic because I cannot see myself with any other phone, I love Blackberry. It suits me completely.
    BB10 IMO still has a huge market for its release. People who switched to other platforms 5 or even 2 years ago from Blackberry will be back. Not all of them of course but a percentage of people will miss the Core Blackberry experience and BB10 will have that and more. Not to mention the 78 million current subscribers who may want BB10. RIM isn't going to die out before BB10 is on sale and even the months after that, they have quite a few quarters left in them.

I agree, the situation they are in is a bad one but I am keeping the faith and sticking with my Bold 9900 which is by far the best phone I have used.
    06-30-12 12:52 PM
    i once again totally agree. i have a 9860 and it is the best phone ive used. i figure something new out with it about every week. I am very happy with bb right now, i do not judge my cell phone by what i think the company that makes them should do or what everyone else is using. rather the device i have in hand and right now i like both 9860 and pb.

07-01-12 07:34 AM
    RIM's gonna be alright...

Sounds like a song title.
    07-01-12 07:53 AM
    In case you were sleepy at 2:30AM, you might have noticed the app writers HAVE given up, quite a while ago. Hasn't been a new app of any import in ages, just more of the same crap. But what you fail to notice is that vendors, real companies, like banks, store chains, financial institutions......NONE of them write for RIM anymore. And the PB......I live in NYC, see 1000's of people over the months walking around with tablets.....I've never seen a PB. You think someone is writing for it? I see 100x more Kindles. Give it up, let it go, it's dead, I'm just waiting to see what AT&T will do later this year to get us out of our contracts, because I was one of the morons that bought into the cr_p about OS7, wonder of wonder that it is.
    07-01-12 08:34 AM
    Although, webOS received high praise from the reviewers, the bad media stories of Palm's financial problems stained the consumer's buying appetite for webOS. There was no momentum in demand after the diehard Palm user upgraded.

RIM needs to hire a PR firm with crisis management experience that can get in front of the message and feed the media good news stories about BBOS 10.

Each month's delay means people with cell phone upgrade cycles coming due will go into their carrier store and see old Blackberries collecting dust, while the sales people are pushing new iPhone and Androids.

Each month's delay will mean RIM is getting more bad publicity, and the death and doom stories by the media are brainwashing consumers, so people will be afraid to buy a Blackberry for fear it will be gone and they will be stuck with an unsupported device.
    07-01-12 08:35 AM
    Seriously i doubt we will see any bb10 devices next year, its probably too late by then. Guess i will keep using my 9300 & 9860 until RIM stops it's service..

Sent from my NOVO7 Tornados using Tapatalk 2
    07-01-12 09:49 AM
    Although, webOS received high praise from the reviewers, the bad media stories of Palm's financial problems stained the consumer's buying appetite for webOS. There was no momentum in demand after the diehard Palm user upgraded.

RIM needs to hire a PR firm with crisis management experience that can get in front of the message and feed the media good news stories about BBOS 10.

rim just need to start with any pr period. walking softly and carrying a big stick doesnt really work in the retail world.

07-01-12 10:33 AM
    @Speedygi, I agree, that should be made into a song. Nothing like an uplifting tune to brighten everyones current mood towards RIM.
    @rfalter, yes I was sleepy but I am 110% confident that the developers will come. I do not see a lot of Playbooks either but then again I have never seen an Android tablet outside of brick and mortar stores. That is no indication of how well RIM is doing to get developers on board. I understand that the Playbook doesn't have a lot of quality apps(mostly because the current OS2 does not support the tools devs are using to make BB10 apps) but they will come. BB10 will be alright At launch because there is room for more than 2 or 3 platforms. BBOS will eventually die out and that is 78 million potential BB10 users. There is lots of room to grow. I'm not going to waste to much time on this dicussion because it is obvious that you have little faith in RIM. I do find it funny that people get so upset with RIM over delays when Android delays everything unless it is a straight from Google product. I can deal with waiting for something that no one has but I hate Android because you have to wait for something that is already months old. (Not hating on Android, I am just using it as an example)

Also I agree with the_slueth that RIM needs an amazing PR team to stop all the negatives, they are getting out of control. The media will literally say and print anything hateful against RIM, even if it isn't true.
    07-01-12 03:23 PM
    Strange that people keep thinking about the manufacturer of their device when they meet with friends, wait for their wives, chat with random girls
    Last edited by kennyliu; 07-01-12 at 03:35 PM.
    07-01-12 03:31 PM
    RIM is going to be alright. Heres a picture of a blackberry store I ran into at Charlotte airport on vacation last week.
    07-01-12 03:35 PM
    Your Damn right they are gona be alright.

tough times right now as we all expected, (yet so many people are freaking out)

from the original expected delivery of BB10 to the new 2013 date isnt that much longer.

i want BB10 right now like everybody else but my 9900 will do great until then.
    07-01-12 03:58 PM
    op should be a writer or something
    07-01-12 04:01 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD