Please, anyone too dense to see it's to be taken as humor, and in no way is designed as "marketing", step out of the thread now. Ya'll are getting uber-silly.
    Didn't RIM themselves call it their be bold campaign? And isn't this info graphic based off of feedback from that campaign? That sounds like marketing to me.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    01-31-12 03:42 PM
    I'm calling for an investigation into RIM's child labor practices. Obviously, instead of hiring real marketers, they are working eight year olds overtime. Who else could have come up with this?
    BigBadWulf and decypher44 like this.
    01-31-12 03:48 PM
    Not to put myself in too much danger of disagreeing with a MOD, but..

RIM DID USE THIS. Info-graphic, failed media campaign, cute bumper sticker - whatever it was, it was used. And publicly.
    Didn't RIM themselves call it their be bold campaign? And isn't this info graphic based off of feedback from that campaign? That sounds like marketing to me.

I surrender, I'm wrong. RIM is apparently so incompetent at marketing, that they truly thought this a viable, serious marketing campaign.
    01-31-12 03:49 PM
    I thought they explained the reason for the graphic very clearly. It is tied to the New Year's twitter resolutions. I suppose there is an element of marketing but it isn't really an ad of any kind. It isn't promoting the product it's just a fun way of mapping what users tweeted to them.
    maddie1128 likes this.
    01-31-12 03:53 PM
    What I'm starting to chuckle about now is as bad as it would be to use as a campaign here we have android with dessert named OS's which is quite childish in itself but everyone finds that cute.
    01-31-12 03:56 PM
    What I'm starting to chuckle about now is as bad as it would be to use as a campaign here we have android with dessert named OS's which is quite childish in itself but everyone finds that cute.
    Awesome! Hahaha. However, not EVERYONE finds it cute. I always thought the dessert names were extremely lame.
    01-31-12 05:12 PM
    Um, companies trying to survive (like RIM) are looking for constructive criticism. Keep your mouth shut and play the fanboy, and RIM will continue to die. They WANT feedback. Time to be honest and give it to them.
    Well said.
    decypher44 likes this.
    01-31-12 06:20 PM
    I think it should have looked more like this:
    01-31-12 06:21 PM
    The problem is that right now Rim is under massive scrutiny and they need to make sure that anything they release ,whether it be press or marketing, leaves no margin for misinterpretation. Lets face it the haters and ABR(anything but rim) crowd are always ready to attack so why give them ammo.
    app_Developer likes this.
    02-01-12 03:15 AM
    LOL I thought it was really weird but it turns out it's not their advertisement team.

those power rangers would have anything but a negative effect in the US market
    02-01-12 03:33 AM
    That new CEO looks like a complete fool for letting that campaign go ahead. I really question if he understands what is at stake here.

R.I.M's problem is they are aiming to be competitive, not aiming to be the best. When the blackberry london comes out it has to be the industry leader, the best phone on the market, what the tech guys want to dump their iphones for.

Think Quadcore processor
    Last edited by GeneralTech; 02-01-12 at 10:39 AM. Reason: spelling error
    hispanola likes this.
    02-01-12 10:34 AM
    Better the fantastic 4 than "let's rock and roll this"!!!!

decypher44 likes this.
    02-01-12 08:03 PM
    wow.... i didnt think one of my threads would get so big
    :'( <-tear of happiness LOL
    03-03-12 04:24 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD