what the heck happened since Friday ?
    04-03-12 10:59 PM
    Bearish sensation... Pessimistic investor all the way. Become bullish when they hear rumors on selling RIM but live as bears when RIM says they are gonna keep trying. :/
    04-03-12 11:04 PM
    the market wants RIM to fail. Not sure how this is good for anyone, its almost like an old joke now.
    04-03-12 11:10 PM
    As I said in the previous post, Friday was misinterpritation of thursday call as stupid people out there thought RIM would be sole on Monday. And now the reality kicks in. This was the worse quarter ever so hang tight for the worse before it gets worse...p.s I am stong buy and long on RIM.
    04-03-12 11:41 PM
    the market wants RIM to fail. Not sure how this is good for anyone, its almost like an old joke now.
    The old joke is the conspiracy BS....
    04-03-12 11:43 PM
    This happens every time there is a rumor of a sale.

"Yay, RIM is looking for a buyer!!"

"wait, who actually wants to buy RIM at this price??"
    04-03-12 11:44 PM
    RIM is failing themselves and their potential customers. Nothing more, nothing less. I would have grabbed a BB device if it could do even a fraction of what my Nexus can. But sadly, that's not an option currently.
    Davec1234 likes this.
    04-04-12 12:52 AM
    RIM is failing themselves and their potential customers. Nothing more, nothing less. I would have grabbed a BB device if it could do even a fraction of what my Nexus can. But sadly, that's not an option currently.
    so you signed up on CrackBerry being a nexus owner just to bash BlackBerry's ??
    Chrisy likes this.
    04-04-12 01:41 AM
    so you signed up on CrackBerry being a nexus owner just to bash BlackBerry's ??
    I'm stating a fact. Or are you of the belief that everyone is out with the pitchforks to get RIM? Maybe if RIM realized it's very easy to get back on track, they would be in a better position than they currently are.

Forget about catering with enterprise functions. Forget about BBM. Forget about your precious keyboard. Start worrying about getting all the most used apps on board first and foremost.

Worry about getting people like me to switch instead of going through what fanboys want. I have no loyalty feelings towards Android. If a WP8, iOS OR Blackberry phone appeared that would be an upgrade over my Nexus, I'd switch in a heartbeat.

As it stands, most of the apps I need in my life are not available on BB phones. The apps that are there are furthermore not even fully functional and most are not cross platform.
    Last edited by neller; 04-04-12 at 02:11 AM.
    04-04-12 02:07 AM
    I'm stating a fact. Or are you of the belief that everyone is out with the pitchforks to get RIM? Maybe if RIM realized it's very easy to get back on track, they would be in a better position than they currently are.

Forget about catering with enterprise functions. Forget about BBM. Forget about your precious keyboard. Start worrying about getting all the most used apps on board first and foremost.

Worry about getting people like me to switch instead of going through what fanboys want. I have no loyalty feelings towards Android. If a WP8, iOS OR Blackberry phone appeared that would be an upgrade over my Nexus, I'd switch in a heartbeat.

As it stands, most of the apps I need in my life are not available on BB phones. The apps that are there are furthermore not even fully functional and most are not cross platform.

It is fair enough you're stating a fact, but CrackBerry is a Fan site, and it seems that you're certainly not a fan, so I'm gauging your motive for being here,

I have no blindness to thinking RIM is perfect, but I come to crackberry because it is a wonderful place to chat about RIM products and it once had a positive attitude, though the likes of new members who seem to join just to bring it down, like your self, ruin that. Before I add you to my ever growing ignore list I was trying to feel you out, based on your response, I don't suspect I'll be able to read your response to this post.

my "worrying about getting people like you to switch" is irrelevant, I don't work for RIM, and my financial interest in their well being wont be changed by attempting to get users on a forum to switch.
    Last edited by deRusett; 04-04-12 at 09:24 AM.
    Sith_Apprentice and Chrisy like this.
    04-04-12 09:22 AM
    It is fair enough you're stating a fact, but CrackBerry is a Fan site, and it seems that you're certainly not a fan, so I'm gauging your motive for being here,

I have no blindness to thinking RIM is perfect, but I come to crackberry because it is a wonderful place to chat about RIM products and it once had a positive attitude, though the likes of new members who seem to join just to bring it down, like your self, ruin that. Before I add you to my ever growing ignore list I was trying to feel you out, based on your response, I don't suspect I'll be able to read your response to this post.

my "worrying about getting people like you to switch" is irrelevant, I don't work for RIM, and my financial interest in their well being wont be changed by attempting to get users on a forum to switch.
    I don't consider this site a fan site. It is a site catered to users, even ex users as seen by having an entire forum dedicated to them. This is a place where anything blackberry is discussed. What I truly don't understand is the people who come here to talk about other products (ie about how much the new ipad sucks)
    04-04-12 09:48 AM
    As a long-time (Storm era) lurker, I hesitated to join and post for this very reason.

When someone posts "The day after tomorrow is April 6", the most common response is "Why should we listen to you, Mr. Low Post count?".

I know ad homonym responses are part of the Internet, but I'm always surprised when it is the FIRST arrow pulled out of the quiver rather than the final, desperate one it should be.
    04-04-12 12:30 PM
    As a long-time (Storm era) lurker, I hesitated to join and post for this very reason.

When someone posts "The day after tomorrow is April 6", the most common response is "Why should we listen to you, Mr. Low Post count?".

I know ad homonym responses are part of the Internet, but I'm always surprised when it is the FIRST arrow pulled out of the quiver rather than the final, desperate one it should be.
    Low post count should be irrelavent when you bring value added comments to a community, but coming into a community as a none owner, and leading with negativity, I don't call out many people, but some rub me the wrong way, if you don't own a BB, and think they are infirior why sign up to a BlackBerry site is what I asked,
    04-04-12 12:35 PM
    Low post count should be irrelavent when you bring value added comments to a community, but coming into a community as a none owner, and leading with negativity, I don't call out many people, but some rub me the wrong way, if you don't own a BB, and think they are infirior why sign up to a BlackBerry site is what I asked,
    But look at it from the undecided observer. When they see "WHY ARE YOU HERE?", it's a point AGAINST the individual who challenges the poster rather than the post.

My reason for posting this is to hopefully help someone be a more-effective communicator, here or somewhere else. Just assume that "Why are you even here" is interpreted as "I concede your argument and have moved on to idealogical cleansing".

This thread is FAR from the worst, just the one that caused me to mention it.
    04-04-12 12:47 PM
    RIMM stock is lower because some investors believe that BB10 is dead on arrival. It will be very late to a crowded party, with probably nothing new or novel to differentiate it.

App support will also be a problem. Heck, even BBM is not on playbook.
    04-04-12 12:53 PM
    Could also be frustrated investors who put their money in RIMM in the last year or so taking advantage of Friday's run to get out and cut their losses.
    04-05-12 02:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD