http://www.cp24.com/rim-shares-down-10-amid-loss-in-market-share-1.1056113#ixzz2DSlYmoBb

Wow they don't even mention that worldwide market share continues to grow. Has the negativity in the media started yet again??
    11-27-12 04:08 PM
    This is CTV man. All the reporters use iPhones, particularly the ones in K-W. They advertise iPhone and iPad apps, but never BlackBerry ones. They have App Central show and I've never seen them review a PlayBook or BlackBerry app. Michael Hainsworth sneers when he talks about RIM and practically beats off over his iPhone. Michael Kane runs story after story when RIM has an outage but forgets to mention when Apple does.
    11-27-12 04:11 PM
    Negativity in the media? This is CP24. They're just reporting the news.
    11-27-12 04:12 PM
    In all seriousness though, guys:

Whether you are or aren't a BlackBerry fan, now is not the time to buy one. The phone hardware is a year and a half old, and running an OS that is going to be replaced. Sure, they'll sell some to people that like a particular form factor or want a cheap BlackBerry (especially internationally). And honestly, the hardware was a step up, but not 'cutting edge' to begin with. The old PlayBooks are substantially more powerful than the phone lineup RIM is currently selling.

But for US consumers? 18 month old devices are out on the market amidst new Samsung Galaxies and iPhones + a bunch of cheap Android and Windows Phone devices. What makes a BlackBerry stand out to a general smartphone user?

And if you are a BlackBerry fan? You know full well a newer, better piece of hardware with a newer better OS is less than 90 days away.

Just being realistic.
    11-27-12 04:17 PM
    One article ≠ the media.

Calm down.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    11-27-12 04:20 PM
    Sometimes not telling the whole story is like telling a lie.

Why is the title "Rim shares down 10% amid market loss"?
    Why is it not: "Rim shares down 10% amid market loss in US and other countries"

Just saying market loss implies the whole market.

"Apple launched its hotly anticipated iPhone 5 in September, on the same day BlackBerry users in Europe, the Middle East and Africa experienced a massive outage"
    Unless they have a study proving it, it cannot be said that this outage directly caused people to go from blackberry to iphone. So why is it mentioned and how is a european outage applicable to an article about american and a few other countires (also non european) market share loss?

Why is the company seemingly only doing studies where it is well known there is rim market loss?
    11-27-12 04:26 PM
    This is CTV man. All the reporters use iPhones, particularly the ones in K-W. They advertise iPhone and iPad apps, but never BlackBerry ones. They have App Central show and I've never seen them review a PlayBook or BlackBerry app. Michael Hainsworth sneers when he talks about RIM and practically beats off over his iPhone. Michael Kane runs story after story when RIM has an outage but forgets to mention when Apple does.
    Yep. Ross hull is always tweeting off his iphone.
    11-27-12 04:32 PM
    S on the same day BlackBerry users in Europe, the Middle East and Africa experienced a massive outage"
    They also didn't have a 'massive outage'. Less than 5% of customers were affected and it was fixed quickly.

CTV made no mention of Apple's similar outage the week before. Or the multiple ones in subsequent weeks. I've pointed it out to them too. Strangely, they never reply ...
    11-27-12 04:39 PM
    This article and many others out there are based on a KantarWorldPanel report issued today. You can find it here and make up your own mind, not listen to the reporters/analysts spin it. You can download 2 interesting charts on the right hand margin.

News - Soaring iPhone 5 sales in US knock Android into second place - Kantar Worldpanel
    11-27-12 04:40 PM
    This negativity happens all the time from American company due to protectionism... wait ..hold on.. these guys are Canadian.. wtf???

Bottomline, until the BB10 gets released, the stock's gonna go up and down like a sh*thouse seat and the media and the stock analysts will have fun. Hopefully, they take a break over Christmas to lessen the blow.

Nothing had changed with RIM so it's all just a numbers game. I'm praying that BB10 gets great reviews when it's launched in Europe and Canada so it'll have legs when released in the States.
    11-27-12 04:42 PM
    Who cares we all know it will take a hit when they release the results next month. So why this is any news is beyond me. Seems like every few days they need to post something about Rim. The doom the gloom oh the humanity. Get's old and boring!!

Bring on BB10 so these morons can STFU already!
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    11-27-12 04:52 PM
    Who cares we all know it will take a hit when they release the results next month. So why this is any news is beyond me. Seems like every few days they need to post something about Rim. The doom the gloom oh the humanity. Get's old and boring!!

Bring on BB10 so these morons can STFU already!
    Actually we dont know that it will take a hit when they release the results next month. The last fiscal results were better than expected and shares went up.
    11-27-12 05:05 PM
    One thing that does drive me bonkers (and it's not RIM specific) is that a lot of these journalists don't quote correctly the reports they cite. There are so many different reports out there ... quarterly consumer sales in the US, europe, latin america, asia pacific, global; active users in the same regions. Corporate sales. Web traffic. Ad clickthroughs. Smartphone sales vs. all mobile devices. it goes on and on.

Quite often, these journalists misquote what they are reporting on in terms of its intent. A decline in marketshare of sales for the quarter does not always translate to a decline in users. A decline in US marketshare is not the same as global marketshare. Web traffic is not marketshare. etc.
    11-27-12 05:07 PM
    I dont mind the negative news sending the stock price down as it gives me more opportunity to load up, keeping my average cost down.
    11-27-12 05:27 PM