Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By notfanboy
  • 1 Post By Dapper37
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,355 Global Posts
    PIN
    @getdjmac
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default RIM supports Android developer's.

Here comes the Android port-a-thon | CrackBerry.com

I see that people either seem to love or hate the Android app environment on BB10. I have always believed that it was mid term/time solution. Needed to ensure enough app during the begining. After the power of the developer tools was discovered native would take over. But that will take time. A smart intermediate solution I believe.
    But anyway I'm glad to see RIM support the competitions developers. I look forward to them being our developers as well. Has anyone seen this advertised on Android Central or any other Android Site?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,166 Global Posts

Best of all? You can get $100 for each approved app and also be entered to win a BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha. Not too shabby!
    $100 and a raffle ticket to win a Dev Alpha? What, not even a real Z10 device? That's rather shabby.

This is mainly just a ploy for inflating the app numbers at launch. I cringe when I think of the quality of the apps that come out of this.
    randall2580 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,355 Global Posts
    PIN
    @getdjmac
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by notafanboy View Post
    $100 and a raffle ticket to win a Dev Alpha? What, not even a real Z10 device? That's rather shabby.

This is mainly just a ploy for inflating the app numbers at launch. I cringe when I think of the quality of the apps that come out of this.
    All dev alphas are to be changed out for limited edition Z10's as I understand it.
    But you have missed the point once again.
    playbookster likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

The problem is that all DevAlphas should be exchanged by January 21 and the port-a-thon is held on January 11. So when they get the DevAlpha it's probably already too late if RIM doesn't change the deadline.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,355 Global Posts
    PIN
    @getdjmac
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Gerii View Post
    The problem is that all DevAlphas should be exchanged by January 21 and the port-a-thon is held on January 11. So when they get the DevAlpha it's probably already too late if RIM doesn't change the deadline.
    Who ever said the dev Alpha was to be traded in by the 21st?? First i've heard that???
    The 10,000$ incentive is finished by the 21st. That's all I know of.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,101 Global Posts

without android support we would have 200,000-300,000 less apps on bb10 launch.
    twitter: @eve6er69_chris
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    880 Global Posts

I hate android ports. What started out as a crutch became the new normal. These apps look second-rate and choke the OS on the PlayBook, necessitating a reboot. I would gladly have all the roid ports in App World eliminated, and unless the ports to BB10 are of the same quality as native apps, I will continue to avoid them.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    782 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ALToronto View Post
    I hate android ports. What started out as a crutch became the new normal. These apps look second-rate and choke the OS on the PlayBook, necessitating a reboot.
    No reboot required actually. I just use Memory eater. It fixes more than just hung android run time eating up resources. It fixed my pausing keyboard and slow browser as well. GREAT APP. I end up with like 675MB of free ram.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    880 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FunktasticLucky View Post
    No reboot required actually. I just use Memory eater. It fixes more than just hung android run time eating up resources. It fixed my pausing keyboard and slow browser as well. GREAT APP. I end up with like 675MB of free ram.
    I did a search in App World, but the only apps that came up were ones that recommend using Memory Eater. Couldn't find the actual app.