BbCurves and Bbbolds are at the moment the most available, and in some places, the only bb devices you can get.
    .Touch phones are getting more and more popular, and as such Rim should grab some of that Markey now since the z series is launching first.

Torches in many places are in available unless you buy from evilbay, and Verizon dropped the only dems model long ago. I say pushing then out a bit at a $99 contract and $300-$350 retail could get a lot of consumers on board.

To be honest many people dont even know there are touch bb devices. Not even the storm. Putting them out cheap will boost the zseries.
    01-04-13 05:02 PM
    They are not going to waste their time pushing BlackBerry 7 devices with BlackBerry 10 due in just 26 days. They want to make it clear that BB10 is a completely new BlackBerry - not problematic and outdated like their old devices can be. At this point, BB7's only remaining purpose is the low-end market, where BB10 simply isn't an affordable option at the moment.
    01-04-13 05:08 PM
    Come January 30th, RIM will rarely mention BB7 and North America together.

BB7 is now a platform for developing countries.
    01-04-13 05:16 PM

They are pushing bb7 on prepaid networks like boost so people can get brand awareness, why not the torch?
    01-04-13 07:34 PM
    I'd buy a new Torch 9810 for $300. My 9800 is a little on the slow side.
    01-04-13 08:22 PM
    They are not going to waste their time pushing BlackBerry 7 devices with BlackBerry 10 due in just 26 days. They want to make it clear that BB10 is a completely new BlackBerry - not problematic and outdated like their old devices can be. At this point, BB7's only remaining purpose is the low-end market, where BB10 simply isn't an affordable option at the moment.
    25 Days now
    01-04-13 08:34 PM
    I own a 9850 and I wouldn't, even jokingly, compare it to the L series.

The PlayBook is probably a much better comparison to the L.
    01-04-13 10:24 PM
    I own a 9850 and I wouldn't, even jokingly, compare it to the L series.

The PlayBook is probably a much better comparison to the L.
    It isn't fair. Not one line of code is similar in BB10 when compared to BB7
    01-04-13 10:50 PM
    They are pushing bb7 on prepaid networks like boost so people can get brand awareness, why not the torch?
    The torch is not a cheaper model for them to produce, they already wrote-down a load of value on bb7 hardware a while ago, so there is no benefit at all for them to try and push anything besides the curves that will live on past bb10 as a viable model in the bb range.
    01-04-13 11:00 PM
    I wonder where all the Torch 9810's went that Bell sent back to RIM...
    01-04-13 11:02 PM
    OS 7 phones I think will just slowly disappear off North American carrier shelves without much fanfare. There may be a push from carriers to sell it as a budget device to get rid of stock, but that's about it.
    01-05-13 12:13 AM
    The best way to give more support to BB10 phones...

...support BB10 phones more.

No point in wasting resources on legacy devices. On top of that, why fill the limited attention spans of the average consumer with the OLD BB establishment? That wouldn't help the re-birthing of the brand...
    01-05-13 12:21 AM
    The torch is not a cheaper model for them to produce, they already wrote-down a load of value on bb7 hardware a while ago, so there is no benefit at all for them to try and push anything besides the curves that will live on past bb10 as a viable model in the bb range.
    But the Porche Design was cheap amiightguys???

Also it's mostly Bolds on prepaid networks, not curves, and the later ones to, which actually cost less in long-term than the Torches, and once again, if they put Bolds and Curves on prepaid networks to get people into the brand so they can have a good launch then why NOT the torch? You seem to have forgotten the latter part.
    01-05-13 10:07 AM
    The best way to give more support to BB10 phones...

...support BB10 phones more.

No point in wasting resources on legacy devices. On top of that, why fill the limited attention spans of the average consumer with the OLD BB establishment? That wouldn't help the re-birthing of the brand...
    Apple, Motorola, Mytouch, and Nokia prove you wrong.

The best way to re-birthing the brand is putting out cheap models of older(well current) phones, which many others have been doing and succeeding, and that will get the attention of the "maybe or maybe not" crowd, and then when the BB10 devices come out, bam, already have a base, people will see them flocking and join in.

Heck, like I said, BB7 devices are on prepaid services now, and even then, buying at Retail is usually less than $270. Perfect time to take advantage to make up for lack of advertising during the holiday uyout.
    01-05-13 10:09 AM

Oh no don't say that.....I am still dreaming of a white 9900 on att.....

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    01-05-13 10:15 AM
    But the Porche Design was cheap amiightguys???

Also it's mostly Bolds on prepaid networks, not curves, and the later ones to, which actually cost less in long-term than the Torches, and once again, if they put Bolds and Curves on prepaid networks to get people into the brand so they can have a good launch then why NOT the torch? You seem to have forgotten the latter part.
    No idea what point you are trying to make by bringing up the Porsche Design model as that is clearly not part of the normal pricing or marketing plans in the slightest.

The main reason that they would not bother with the Torch in that respect is that it simply isn't that popular a model.
    01-05-13 02:50 PM