Exactly. I still love what my BlackBerry can do. I'm just disappointed at what it *cant do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-11 06:21 PM
    This is just getting ridiculous. When people share a negative comment about RIM they are immediately labeled a troll? And then I read that you're a Moderator? Communist forum right here... I agree with him. RIM is beginning to lose value, it hasn't released any outstanding phones for quite some time, and many people are switching from their BlackBerry. I'm not trolling, I'm just stating facts.
    I troll on these forums to bash on RIM. ...
    The OP is on record with this statement, it is his lable for himself.
    01-06-11 06:22 PM
    I don't care about having the latest tech at all. I like the BlackBerry OS but it's not making any advancements it seems. I'm dreading leaving BlackBerry. Like I said I just want a decent, working browser and the ability to actually see youtube videos clearly. I'm not a teen so I don't need flashy or silly apps. I just want to stay in touch with friends and family around the country. Video calling would be nice.

if you're willing to stick with blackberry, you should at least upgrade to an OS6 device. that will at least give you what you desire in terms of a decent working browser and clear youtube videos. just a suggestion.
    01-06-11 06:22 PM
    The Bold is an option. But I can't see it being much of an upgrade over the 9630. $ and 2 years with tiny improvement? I'm not sure.

01-06-11 06:25 PM
    or just look at it this way.

Google bought android and thats whats put them where they are today

RIM bought QNX and that might put them where they want to be
    And it took them 4 years to fully develop and exploit Android

I agree though that's it's a luxury item. Not a device to be used alone as a business or personal item. You need a laptop, BlackBerry or computer in addition to having a Playbook.

I can gadget geeks buying it. But not too many other folks.

It's less a luxury item like the iPad and look at how many*** (including myself at one point) bought that POS...It's not geared toward gadget geeks it's targeted at so much more, I mean ****, look at the 3 new commercials - Women, Power Users, and Young People...that's a small example.

using BB Bridge you can appeal to BB users. Having BB Bridge tells me they won't waste this app on just POS old devices. Also, it opens the door for new BB users who want to get in on the whole consolidated networking.

Why wouldn't a business user just tether his laptop? What does the Playbook offer over that? Only the free tethering? I don't see that staying free long.

Have you tried tethering any other phone successfully to a PC - including BB? It kinda sucks...and other devices don't tether...

Calling my stockbroker now based on this expert opinion...

Oh wait, what's this?

RIM CEO Details BlackBerry "Super Phone" Plans | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
    Love this...thank you...end of discussion - stop fueling this stupid troll post...why can't BB fans stay on Cloud 9 for a few seconds ...
    01-06-11 06:26 PM
    I tether my BlackBerry if I need to use a PC (because the BlackBerry browser is crummy). It works fine for me. But I'd rather just be able to use my phone browser, not a computer, laptop or tab.

01-06-11 06:31 PM

It's less a luxury item like the iPad and look at how many ... (including myself at one point) bought that POS...It's not geared toward gadget geeks it's targeted at so much more, I mean ****, look at the 3 new commercials - Women, Power Users, and Young People...that's a small example.

using BB Bridge you can appeal to BB users. Having BB Bridge tells me they won't waste this app on just POS old devices. Also, it opens the door for new BB users who want to get in on the whole consolidated networking.

Have you tried tethering any other phone successfully to a PC - including BB? It kinda sucks...and other devices don't tether...

Love this...thank you...end of discussion - stop fueling this stupid troll post...why can't BB fans stay on Cloud 9 for a few seconds ...
    That's pretty rude. Have some class.

01-06-11 06:32 PM

do you really need to pad your post count or something? Less is more...no class needed, useless discussion on a useless post

Thanks, buh-bye
    01-06-11 06:45 PM

I agree how is it a troll post to discuss the pros and cons of bb especially for those of us who were died hard bb fans. The horror to think someone has a different opinion.
    01-06-11 06:46 PM
    Thanks for editing your post. And no, I don't even know my post count. I post from BlackBerry.

01-06-11 06:47 PM
    I agree how is it a troll post to discuss the pros and cons of bb especially for those of us who were died hard bb fans. The horror to think someone has a different opinion.
    His post was edited. I like discussion. Don't need the vulgar words to discuss. I was referring to the term that was edited from his post, not the content of it.

01-06-11 06:49 PM
    do you really need to pad your post count or something? Less is more...no class needed, useless discussion on a useless post

Thanks, buh-bye
    What? She's on WAP posting with her BB. You can't even see post counts on WAP. I can't see if you have 1 post or 10000 posts, nor do I care.

01-06-11 06:50 PM
    This is getting OT! I was referring to a term he used that was edited out by a mod (as was the term in my quote of him).

Now back OT! Lol

01-06-11 06:51 PM
    LOL, busted.

The post in question was edited becasue of language filter abuse. There is no place for that language in our Family and Workplace Friendly forum.
    01-06-11 06:58 PM
    Thanks, Reed. But a silent edit made me look crazy! Haha. But that's nothing new!

01-06-11 06:59 PM
    This is just getting ridiculous. When people share a negative comment about RIM they are immediately labeled a troll? And then I read that you're a Moderator? Communist forum right here... I agree with him. RIM is beginning to lose value, it hasn't released any outstanding phones for quite some time, and many people are switching from their BlackBerry. I'm not trolling, I'm just stating facts.
    Read the OP's post history. He openly admits he comes here to troll. Like most trolls, all mouth and no trousers..
    01-06-11 07:08 PM
    very true, but android were at that time a startup, with no real history, this isnt the case for QNX and as the tablet OS is showing its not a 4 year gap from purchase to slick looking UI
    01-06-11 07:09 PM
    I guess the OP doesn't realise that RIM don't use CES at their major platform to debut new handsets.
    01-06-11 07:17 PM
    I guess the OP doesn't realise that RIM don't use CES at their major platform to debut new handsets.
    this i agree with BUT if they dont show phones here, they wont have them out anytime soon either. They will be showing them off in May, which is 5 more months to wait for RIM to show a BB that might not be on sale for another 4 -6 months.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    01-06-11 07:26 PM
    I agree with the OP it seems as if there is a delay from BB to create a new phone to keep up with the other makers of smart phones. I was a loyal BB user, but they seem to be behind in a new phone. I thought they were going to unveil a new BB for 2011, but they haven't yet but the hope is still there.
    Holy sheet, we are already 6 days into 2011 and RIM has failed to bring out any new phones. They best get moving. How will they ever survive?
    01-06-11 07:28 PM
    someone please tell me im missing something? or some big hue secret or rumor? that rim is going to come in with some incredible touchscreen device?? or am i just out of luck?
    01-06-11 07:29 PM
    RIM never announces phones at CES. Hop off it. :P

01-06-11 07:32 PM
    or just look at it this way.

Google bought android and thats whats put them where they are today

RIM bought QNX and that might put them where they want to be
    Great point. And TAT. You don't throw that kind of coin around if you're planning on abandoning development in your bread-and-butter market.

01-06-11 07:43 PM
    this i agree with BUT if they dont show phones here, they wont have them out anytime soon either. They will be showing them off in May, which is 5 more months to wait for RIM to show a BB that might not be on sale for another 4 -6 months.
    So it will be out just before Apple announces their 1 new phone for the year.
    01-06-11 07:45 PM
    I agree though that's it's a luxury item. Not a device to be used alone as a business or personal item. You need a laptop, BlackBerry or computer in addition to having a Playbook.

I can gadget geeks buying it. But not too many other folks.

You GOTTA be kidding!! My wife is not even REMOTELY a geek, and she's very interested in the PB. Your thinking is myopic. But that's ok--anyone who wants one (and can afford it) can get one despite your opinions.
    01-06-11 07:46 PM
470 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD