lmao...dutch was totally playing you all, sarcasim must not be strong with people tonight
    01-11-11 07:38 PM
    lmao...dutch was totally playing you all, sarcasim must not be strong with people tonight
    Well I suppose when you (ME) don't interact with different people on here and DON"T know them this will happen as my comment back to him. When the more I get to know people like yourself and others then I know when they make a comment what it is all about.

I don't care if anyone on here has 10 or 10,000 posts, what matters to me is their substance and knowledge, you being one of them.

Like I have made several good comments back to you commeding you and thanking you for those comments but I have not seen me quoted by you so I suppose you don't know me as well.

In any event it does not matter to me, I try to do my best to offer my opinions and that's it. I don't expect much back.
    01-11-11 07:51 PM
    i know, i wasnt citing you specifically. A couple others were the same with there responses. For those that do know dutch he never says anything good about bb
    01-11-11 07:58 PM
    Who is dutch?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-11 08:00 PM
    i know, i wasnt citing you specifically. A couple others were the same with there responses. For those that do know dutch he never says anything good about bb
    Matt,
    Just understand one thing about me... I dont spend as much time here as others and don't know many of you although because of this thread I am learning....

I mean no harm in my comments and as stated before I try to offer my help and insight and try to get along. Hope you took no offense to me coming back at ya as i mean no disrespect to you or anyone else here.
    01-11-11 08:02 PM
    Well, you know what they say, opinions are like a**holes, everybody has one!"

You are certainly entitled to your opinion but please remember, that's all it is, an opinion! I personally haven't seen the bottom falling out of RIM shares, so I don't think much of the rest of the world agrees with you though.....

Just my opinion.

R...

I hope the door doesn't hit me on the way out because a no-show of smartphones from BB pretty much seals the deal that I'm going with Android. I was hoping for something revolutionary from RIM in their smartphone lineup, but no.

RIM invested way too many resources into building this Playbook nonsense and pretty much neglected to strengthen their smartphone line-up. Pretty pathetic that RIM's only major release was the **-hum Torch in 2010. OS6 is just a bunch of fluff.....

As for the Playbook, this thing is way to small for using it for email, the ONLY reason why one would get this thing. Also to use BBM, you have to connect it to a BB?!?! WTF?! Talk about FAIL.

I'm not sure who the Playbook targets. For one thing, tablets are more of a luxury item than an actual needed device. With that said most consumers aren't going to be forking over luxury item money for a playbook....what consumer wants to be locked into RIM ****ty AppWorld to obtaining apps and media. It sure doesn't target the business user. Most business users are going to either use their existing BB to crank out quick emails or bust out their full laptop to crank out lengthy emails. The playbook looks like it's too small to be a replaceable email client. Here's the real kicker, I don't see companies shelling out big bucks to buy playbooks for their employees since they are more of a luxury "play" item.

My predictions is that within 3 years RIM is going to be acquired by another company for use of their push email system (google perhaps?) and maybe BBM. I don't see RIM reversing their diminishing market shares with such questionable strategies.

Maybe I'll be buying a device with RIM technology in a few years, called the Google Blackberry
    01-11-11 08:05 PM
    Matt,
    Just understand one thing about me... I dont spend as much time here as others and don't know many of you although because of this thread I am learning....

I mean no harm in my comments and as stated before I try to offer my help and insight and try to get along. Hope you took no offense to me coming back at ya as i mean no disrespect to you or anyone else here.
    nope non taking at all! i wasnt picking on you either.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    01-11-11 08:14 PM
    Was I getting picked on and missed it?! Ha

01-11-11 08:16 PM
    nope non taking at all! i wasnt picking on you either.
    Well then we have no problem then...

I will look forward to jousting with you a bit from time to time on here and hope to learn something before I go Android...lol
    01-11-11 08:21 PM
    Speaking of jousting, where's CIVIC? She usually eats up a thread like this.

01-11-11 08:29 PM
    she has been MIA since before christmas....she is missed for sure in there debates lol
    01-11-11 08:36 PM
    She can't. She's a mod now. She has to behave! That's one reason I retired as a mod.

01-11-11 08:38 PM
    i am kinda worried. maybe PK can see the last time she logged in.
    01-11-11 08:41 PM
    She's modding still.

01-11-11 08:43 PM
    She can't. She's a mod now. She has to behave! That's one reason I retired as a mod.

That's right! I forgot about that. I wonder how long she'll be able to stand it? She probably has a droid by now. .

01-11-11 08:46 PM
    She's modding still.

Maybe she will hit us with her mod stick for being OT.

01-11-11 08:48 PM
    OP here...

Apparently Kevin Michaluk doesn't think I'm crazy either!!! Fast forward to July 4th, 2011...

http://crackberry.com/10-reasons-why...omment-1065512

I should get a cookie!
    07-05-11 01:29 PM
    Appparently Yes
    Google may go for RIM when they slide further and get them for less
    Microsoft would not want to buy RIM,
    But hey am hoping this happen

07-05-11 02:16 PM
    I doubt Google will buy rim.
    07-05-11 03:34 PM
    i agreee