I just got back from my Honeymoon in St Maarten and Anguilla and the biggest thing I noticed down there is that literally 95% of phones (not just smart phones, ALL phones) were BlackBerrys. I saw few Torches, some Curves, but mostly Bolds.

I was down there for 10 days so I had the chance to see a lot of phone use. I only saw 1 iPhone and not a single Android device. Besides a few feature phone, everything else was BlackBerry.

I have to add that this wasn't my first time in the Carribean, but the last time I was there was a few years ago when most people down there didnt' have cells phones and the few that did were feature phones.

I also want to add that in the town I live in in Connecticut, most 6-8th graders own BlackBerrys. BBM is clearly the big draw for them.
    Guatiao and 01itr like this.
    08-15-11 10:02 AM
    I was in Bermuda about a year and a half ago. Same thing. BlackBerrys everywhere.
    08-15-11 10:07 AM
    I love it when others verify claims that I've made

BB + Caribbean = FTW
    08-15-11 10:26 AM
    They sure love the Blackberry then you see this is what makes me not understand how people can say RIM are failing they just aren't

I thought it was like that in the USA in 2009 Blackberries everywhere when I was in FL,NY and CA but when I went last year it had appeared to have changed somewhat. Must have all migrated to the Carribean. However the USA is huge so its probably not changed that much

Sent from my BlackBerry 9000 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jono212; 08-15-11 at 12:09 PM.
    08-15-11 11:47 AM
    Bah-beidos, Tortola, Virgin Gorda, among others, also has strong BB usage/ presence...
    08-15-11 04:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD