Is RIM going to start only making GSM phones?

The Bold, and Now the New Pearl (8220) both look to be GSM only or atleast only Available through Rogers in Canada.

Will I have to change Carriers if I want the lastest Phones? honestly after playing with a Bold today I am tempted, but 7 years of Service with my current Carrier is hard to walk away from.....
    09-10-08 04:56 PM
    GSM carriers usually get new devices before CDMA carriers do. Just takes time to cut through red tape and test things out and make the changes. GSM is the world standard. CDMA is not as popular worldwide as GSM is. It makes more sense to roll out devices to GSM carriers first because of that.
    09-10-08 05:02 PM
    Yeah, what he said! Traditonally the CDMA carriers get the phones about 9 months or more after the GSM carriers (or at least that has been the case for the 88XX, 81XX, and 83XX. The Storm may be the first phone that appears to have been developed for both standards at the same time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-08 05:07 PM
    Well Pooh!

I'm historically an Early adopter, with the exception of Phones in recent years just cause a new 1000 dollar phone every 3 months would be stupid, BUT

With Bell it seems I can't ever be an Early adopter again

I want a Bold...
    09-10-08 05:08 PM
    [QUOTE=deRusett;706467]Well Pooh!

I'm historically an Early adopter, with the exception of Phones in recent years just cause a new 1000 dollar phone every 3 months would be stupid, BUT

With Bell it seems I can't ever be an Early adopter again

I want a Bold...[/QUOTE]

Rogers... Here you come??
    09-10-08 05:15 PM
    I want a Javelin!
    [L()L]Back*On[L()L]

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-08 05:30 PM
    Just as Sunkast said
    09-10-08 05:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD