Now that we have seen more of BB10, it is very promising. However I am worried about the app selection at launch. While I know rim is working hard to court developers, there are some that wont bother until they see it as a success.

So for these apps, I think rim should make them themselves. They could have some kind of program where if a developer is interested they can give rim the source code of their app and rim will take care of making it a BB10 app. Only catch would be that revenue would be split 80-20, with 80% going to rim. But that would still mean the developer would collect 20% for doing nothing.

Now if later on the developer decides there is a big enough market with BB10, then they will develop a new version and as soon as that is released the revenue split goes back to a normal 70-30 split with 70% going to the developer.
    Last edited by fernandez21; 09-25-12 at 12:58 PM.
    09-25-12 12:56 PM
    you're talking about something that requires alot of time and alot of money, if you want BB10 out ASAP its not practical for RIM to do all the work in creating these apps, it is a good idea but even still the app is property of the developer and its not entirely coding it its more do they want their app on the bb platform.

that being said there are more and more apps beign released on the playbook that can be brought over and played on BB10, with that there will be some pretty impressive games and such that can be brought over with just some resolution changing and my guess is they probably are already working on them since gameloft and some of the big name gaming devs were displaying their BB10 games.

RIM needed to show developers the power of BB10 and with this keynote demo i thin k they have done just that. it was incredibly impressive and since a dev can code their app in whatever code they fell comfortable it makes it that much easier, then adding an app to their new cascades software to give the app that naitive feel is pretty awesome also.

RIM has worked hard and done alot of hard work behind closed doors and it will pay off. thorsten has rebuilt RIM for the better.

BB10 in you
    Last edited by GTiLeo; 09-25-12 at 01:38 PM.
    09-25-12 01:06 PM
    you're talkign about soemthing that requires alot of time and alot of money, if you want BB10 out ASAP its not practical for RIM to do all the work in creating these apps,comfortable it makes it that much easier,
    That's my thoughts too. Leave the apps to developers. Its not as if RIM is giving them a raw deal.
    09-25-12 01:23 PM
    The apps will come. PB apps will work with BB10 also.

So they'll be starting out with a good number. But other than that, the apps will come.
    09-25-12 01:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD