So I am doing a school project on RIM and we need to have their mission statement and Pricing strategy, however they are both not released to the public, however I figured this being a blackberry forum, that someone here could potentially be able to get their hands on some form of this information.

We need a Mission Statement, Pricing Strategy, & Marketing Strategy if possible.

This would be a huge help, and would be interesting to know what those internal documents actually say

thanks guys
    11-05-08 10:59 PM
    hey
    did you find any information on pricing strategy?
    i am actually doing that part of group project and it's so hard to find out
    if you have some information, do you mind if i share with you?
    i would really appreciate your help!
    02-17-09 01:06 PM
    Everything you need is published ...

Research In Motion

Research In Motion (RIM) is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of innovative wireless solutions for the worldwide mobile communications market.

Through the development of integrated hardware, software and services that support multiple wireless network standards, RIM provides platforms and solutions for seamless access to time-sensitive information including email, phone, text messaging (SMS and MMS), Internet and intranet-based applications.

RIM technology also enables a broad array of third party developers and manufacturers to enhance their products and services with wireless connectivity to data.

RIM was founded in 1984. Based in Waterloo, Ontario, we have offices in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific.

http://www.rim.com/investors/pdf/RIM08AR_FINAL.pdf

The Annual Report, in a searchable format, will help you fill in the blanks. The good stuff is often buried in the Notes section.
    02-17-09 01:21 PM
    Thanks so much!!!!!
    How did you get this?
    02-17-09 04:16 PM
    Do you actually have a little more information on pricing strategy?
    02-17-09 04:24 PM
    I love this website!
    05-12-09 08:19 AM
    Hey i am also working on my project and stuck with the mission and vision...just wondering if you happened to find it anywhere if so can you please share it with me. Also do you know what strategy they are using? do you mind sharing? thanks in advance!
    10-24-09 12:07 AM
    RIM's phone number is posted on their website. You could call the main number, and ask to be transferred to the marketing or Public relations department, and get information straight from the source.
    10-24-09 12:11 AM
    Earlier responses about 2 years ago did not satisfy this question: What is RIM's corporate objectives, mission statement and vision? I don't expect pricing strategy to be made public, no company does. The annual reports only include annual goals for coming year, that's all. It appears the information is considered an internal document in RIM and I wonder if it is displayed in their main office reception in canada as commonly done by leading companies today. As a student, I am also stuck in my research with this information request, and believe this information should be public without calling the company for it. Can anyone help with it? Cheers.
    05-03-10 12:38 PM
    I was hoping to choose RIM but could not find vision or mission statements anywhere.

I searched 'mission statement' on the website and saw a search result that said
    "What is the RIM vision/mission statement? RIM does not have a vision/mission statement that is publicly available"
    02-06-11 11:13 PM
    I was hoping to choose RIM but could not find vision or mission statements anywhere.

I searched 'mission statement' on the website and saw a search result that said
    "What is the RIM vision/mission statement? RIM does not have a vision/mission statement that is publicly available"
    I would say their "Mission Statement" would be
    Research In Motion Limited is a world leader in designing, manufacturing and marketing wireless consumer and business-to-business electronic access technology for the rapidly emerging mobile personal communications market
    Taken from 1997 Press release
    02-07-11 07:48 AM
    hello guys
    does anyone know where can i find information about blackberry promoting strategy?
    i mean how do they promote their product?
    i am working ona school project and can' t find anything on the inetrnet
    i would be more than grateful for any help
    05-23-11 05:10 AM
    hello guys
    does anyone know where can i find information about blackberry promoting strategy?
    i mean how do they promote their product?
    i am working ona school project and can' t find anything on the inetrnet
    i would be more than grateful for any help

RIM's phone number is posted on their website. You could call the main number, and ask to be transferred to the marketing or Public relations department, and get information straight from the source.
    What He Said ^^^
    05-23-11 11:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD