I went shopping for a 9900 at the local mall, which had half a dozen places selling phones. Whoever was selling iPhones had at least one working iPhone to play around with. All the BlackBerry handsets were dummy units. How does RIM Marketing expect the average consumer to be convinced to switch to them if the customer can't even try out their product?! I bet there are millions of people around the world that buy an iPhone just because they could try one out at the store.

RIM Engineering should all be given raises. RIM Marketing should all be fired.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    JR A likes this.
    08-24-11 03:07 AM
    Agreed.

Every Sprint store I've walked into (or around if we're talking kiosks), did not have a single working BB device. Yet there's always an Android phone or tablet with a flagship display that welcomes shoppers to try it out... It baffles me.
    08-24-11 03:17 AM
    I mean I do understand that having working devices of all the models would be prohibitively expensive, but just have a working 9900. That would sell a lot of people on its own.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-11 03:39 AM
    RIM has a marketing dept? Huh, I never knew it.

Maybe they are still busy focusing on getting the word out for the PB? (Yes this is sarcasm.)
    08-24-11 05:09 AM
    I do agree to a point. Yesterday I went into a Telus store hoping to see a demo to play around with and they didnt have it. If anything I think that it can be attributed to the fact that it just came out and really they just want phones out the door. At the same store they didnt have an iphone right when it came out, took a week or so to get it out - remember limited quantities are initially shipped to stores and until that supply meets demand the store would rather get people linked to contracts.
    08-24-11 07:50 AM
    hopefully we'll see more aggressive marketing from RIM when OS 2.0 for the PlayBook, and QNX HH come out.
    08-24-11 08:07 AM
    The new BBM Social Music product is another reason RIM Marketing should be fired. It's obvious to anybody that has heard of Spotify that BBM Social Music is DOA at the ridiculous price point they are launching at.

Did they not see that the whole "social music" concept was an abject failure with iTunes Ping? Even Apple's faithful have made a laughingstock of it.
    Last edited by squished18; 08-25-11 at 06:41 AM.
    08-25-11 06:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD