well, when it comes to them getting to work on that $100 million advertising/marketing blitz.

I live in L.A. and one of my friends who lives in Hollywood gets casting calls emailed to her, asked for my email address because she had received an email from a casting company that is currently looking for people who love their BlackBerrys! I'm, sadly, one of the last die-hard BlackBerry people that she knows, so she forwarded me the email and I replied to the casting agency with my info, and they responded back with some basic questions (What BlackBerry I have, what I love about it, how I use it for work) and asked if I'd be available for a quick interview the day after Christmas in a suburb of L.A.

The email also said the shoot would be for a couple days during the first two weeks of January, and that this would be a national commercial and that the people selected will get paid for the shoot as well as residuals from when the commercial actually airs.

So I'm waiting to hear back from the casting agency (hopefully everything I wrote about my use of BlackBerry was enough to get them to pick me?!), but I thought that it's pretty great of RIM to announce their new marketing efforts last week, and then within a month, shoot commercials. Who knows when they'll air (RIM have enough money left for SuperBowl commercials? haha) or if I'll get picked, but even if I don't, I am really happy that RIM seems to be taking their marketing efforts seriously and has been quick to start spending that $100million!

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go stare at my 9810's LED and hope that it lights up red with a new email from the casting people tonight....
    12-22-11 11:06 PM
    good luck! commercials are fun to do and good quick money. i did a half a dozen commercials back in the early 90's for Manager and Bluenote jeans (embarrassing to watch back now though, but hey, it paid for spring break). hope the call comes through.
    12-22-11 11:24 PM
    Good luck! Keep us posted if you make it!
    12-22-11 11:30 PM
    awesome news man good luck...ya i to have done commercials...well it was an instructional video for a board game LOL...sad thing is that its still on youtube almost 4 years later LOL LOL
    12-22-11 11:45 PM
    Good luck! Hope you get it!!
    12-23-11 01:30 AM
    Shi*!!!!!! Call me there. I'm ready to beat you at BB fanboyism. Nah man, joking. Commercials are fun. Enjoy the experience!
    12-23-11 01:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD