OF course its understated its a phone its not yet a transformer (yeah megatron and co).Just like BB balance all RIM has been leaking is the work side the functionality I think this was also to showcase the masses they are trend setting so even if copysome and orange followed suite RIM did this buttonless touch gesture thing first.Anyway come 30th of january they are gonna drop the personal consumer side and all the cool stuff that RIM are supposedly hiding.

Pretty sure TAT are now part of engineering team they are not just some R&D guys hired for just UI they will touch everything on this platform.Prior to buying TAT all the other companys just used them to create UI's and thats all.RIM management took it further and gave them a whole phone and OS to play with.Sure it must of been hard but the union is working now I think everyones game at RIM has upped.TAT always had crazy ideas they knew what was cool what was going on in the world so that knowledge was valuable to building this platform.TAT always had awesome concepts but never had any substance now working with RIM ''the people who do'' Im a sure their game has improved Im sure they are learning how properly package their concepts into useable things they also have huge resources to try things now they are RIM and BB.

Im dont think people including myself are quite grasping how awesome cascades is yet.But I think we will find out come launch and when we have built for BB apps.Some people still think the cascades video's are all fake and TAT just do concepts on fake things I guess the time to prove them wrong will come .Anyway Its a great union in the making business savy RIM+ TAT consumer know how thats BB balance right there.I look forward to the cool stuff.
    Last edited by RECOOL; 12-30-12 at 07:52 AM.
    12-29-12 10:31 PM
    Thank you Jamez by answearing my closed questions. I got your point about your perception.

BB10 has lot's of potencial, RIM has learned from own mistakes and from others. To be honest, all the right steps are a bit obvious if they are serious about staying in the business. What amazes me, is Thor being able to drive all the right steps and portofolio change, while RIM is internally restructuring (in my dictionary means a mess and lot's of loose ends) in a difficult uphill direction, without loosing key finantial indicators.

If they pull this off, which I believe, Thorsten and his crew will be remembered.
    12-29-12 10:51 PM
    I, for one agree about the understatedness. We have people complaining about boring icons, active frames, etc. Let's wait to see the finished product. There have to be some fireworks for the big day, or it won't be a proper party.
    moonfalle and ctuffy like this.
    12-30-12 01:12 AM
    OF course its understated its a phone its not yet a transformer (yeah megatron and co).Just like BB balance all RIM has been leaking is the work side the functionality I think this was also to showcase the masses they are trend setting so even if copysome and orange followed suite RIM did this buttonless toouch gesture thing first.Anyway come 30th of january they are gonna drop the personal consumer side and all the cool stuff that RIM are supposedly hiding.

Pretty sure TAT are now part of engineering team they are not just some R&D guys hired for just UI they will touch everything on this platform.Prior to buying TAT all the other companys just used them to create UI's and thats all.RIM management took it further and gave them a whole phone and OS to play with.Sure it must of been hard but the union is working now I think everyones game at RIM has upped.TAT always had crazy ideas they knew what was cool what was going on in the world so that knowledge was valubale this building this platform.TAT always had awesome concepts but never had any substance now working with RIM ''the peopele who do'' Im a sure their game has improved Im sure they are learning how properly package their concepts to things useable they also have huge resources to try thing they are RIm and BB.

Im dont think people including myself are quite grasping how awesome cascades is yet.But I think we will find out come launch and when we have built for BB apps.Some people still think the cascades video's are all fake and TAT just do cocnepts on fake things I guess teh time to prove them wrong will come .Anyway Its a great union in the making business savy RIM+ TAT consumer know how thats BB balance right there.I look forward to the cool stuff.
    ahmm Megatron is/was NO longer a Transformer....he became a Decepticon-but that's just splitting hairs...carry on lol
    vegas33139 likes this.
    12-30-12 02:43 AM
    I think it is safe to say that if things play out on Jan 30 as you suggest, RIM will have out-Appled Apple. Over-promising and under-delivering has come to characterize RIM the past few years. Conversely, up until its last few releases, Apple was known for keeping secrets well-guarded and holding back the good stuff for launch events - I think it is fair to say, Apple's last few launch events have been quite underwhelming. Hopefully, RIM can pull off a launch that has even the tech blogs and analysts being pleasantly surprised. I agree with some of the other posts, guys like Peter Misek are not going to change their love for Apple over night, the key is to gradually get them to change their opinion.
    James Nieves and Vorkosigan like this.
    12-30-12 03:19 AM
    Glad it's not just me to "believe" in bb10. I had been a user of bb for years up to 2010, when I switched over to WP7- expecting a world of change for the better. However, I quickly missed my bb and am wanting to come back to bb. It would be crazy to get the 9900 when the Z10 I'd around the corner - this was my thoughts spring last year. I've been impatiently waiting for a year now!

However, that got me looking on this forum to keep updated on the release of bb10. The result however, was convincing me that bb10 will take back the mobile world that they created. The conviction also led me to amass shares in the company. As it stands, from all the leaks to date, bb10 is going to take back market share with vengeance.

However, I have my doubts -and I am truly hoping here, that Jan30 is going to showcase surprises not only to the general public, but can actually wow people who are following BB such as us here at crckberry. I can only dare to hope!
    12-30-12 03:45 AM
    One month. Only one month.
    12-30-12 06:40 AM
    I know this might be in bad form but, I BELIEVE!
    Dapper37 likes this.
    12-30-12 06:53 AM
    Well we be able to view the launch on Jan. 30,2012 live??
    12-30-12 08:11 AM
    Mr. JamezA, you are no longer just a reporter. You have been captivated by BB10 because you were so close to it, much the same we will be on that blessed day. Guys, I see jamez on all manner of tech sites advocating BB10. I hope you're no longer reporting on mobile because you would no longer be impartial, but then maybe its not so bad to have reporters on our side for once. Plenty biased apple and android editors/analysts/reporters out there.

I'm just saying that this post is nothing less than what I would expect from JA and some phrases especially grabbed me in there. Good stuff. Just 30 more days now
    James Nieves likes this.
    12-30-12 08:21 AM
    I could of sworn I heard an orchestra, with the timpani booming and horns blowing in the background as I read this. LOL
    Great post!
    12-30-12 08:43 AM
    I am extremely excited for Blackberry 10, though I don't believe I'll be jumping onto the handsets anytime soon, I'm too in love with my IPhone. However I will be ecstatic to hear a good comeback story for RIM/Blackberry. Plus I have a Playbook, I'm hoping it will get to see BB10 in some form!
    12-30-12 08:55 AM
    I hope this is true.
    convenor likes this.
    12-30-12 08:56 AM
    ahmm Megatron is/was NO longer a Transformer....he became a Decepticon-but that's just splitting hairs...carry on lol
    That doesn't make any sense. Good or bad, a transformer is still a transformer. Decepticons are still transformers. Dinobots are still transformers. You make it sound like if its not an Autobot than its not a transformer, even though they all still transform. Is Unicron not a transformer? He is a bad guy and a planet, yet he still transforms don't he? So why wouldn't he be called a transformer?

I don't understand why you or anyone else would think that Megatron and Soundwave are any less of a transformer than Optimus prime and Bumble bee are.
    12-30-12 08:57 AM
    "... but not as good as the iPhone." If you leave out that part, you're misrepresenting what Misek said.
    You seriously don't think that iOS is in the same category as QNX? There are few OSs on the market that can be compared to it. Linux comes close. The OP is right, RIM is holding back a lot.
    MADBRADNYC and zyben like this.
    12-30-12 09:05 AM
    You seriously don't think that iOS is in the same category as QNX? There are few OSs on the market that can be compared to it. Linux comes close. The OP is right, RIM is holding back a lot.
    Well one thing is for sure. On Jan 30th all eyes will be on them to deliver. Absolutely everyone in tech will be watching. Talk about pressure. Jeez.
    12-30-12 09:14 AM
    This will definitely rally the troops! Good read!

I feel the same way, there are lots of things that are still yet to be revealed. January 30th is going to be one heck of a long day! (in a good way!)
    12-30-12 09:48 AM
    I speak for every BB fan, phone and/or PB, who wants to have a top performing device that have our naysayer "iPud" and Androt friends staring at the phone and saying 1) I want a phone like that, and 2) when does my current contract with ___ expire so i can get one ! ? It won't hurt if PC Mag, CNET and other tech writers, the bane of our existence the last 1 1/2 years, start to "stir the pot" with iPud and Androt by proclaiming praise for the new BB10 phone. The average phone user (not on Crackberry.com) has NO Idea this phone is coming and that isn't just an upgrade to a dying platform but a whole new world of possiblities.
    Wino Ryder likes this.
    12-30-12 10:01 AM
    Well we be able to view the launch on Jan. 30,2012 live??
    I won't say definitively, but I believe it will be online to stream. I watched the WP8 event that way.
    PestPro#IM and mapsonburt like this.
    12-30-12 10:06 AM
    Thanks for your thoughts, James. Good article and I believe you are right.

Another thing that has been understated is Thor's comment about going for 3rd place. It will take some time, but I believe RIM will edge higher and that is their intent. Apple stated months ago not to espect large jumps in innovation ... IOS is maxed. As developers have time to really explore the potential in BB10 their apps are going to advance and possibly change industry expectations.

So this brings up an important point. *DON'T* encourage people to let the steam out of Jan 30. Support RIM in protecting secrets and throwing a great party. Let all the hard workers at RIM have their moment of pride and glory. Contribute to all of us having a great moment of vindication. People can't say they are fans and be sharks tearing away at the prize all at the same time. Be clear on who you are and what you really want. It is called integrity. I, for one, remember the Christmas when I snuck and figured out my presents beforehand. Totally ruined my Christmas because there were no surpises. Protect Jan 30!
    12-30-12 10:30 AM
    Awesome post Jamez! We all know BB10 is going to change the mobile space forever, you have the luxury of seeing some of these new things first hand and we get to hear about the possibilities from you...very cool.

What is most striking to me is the singular focus and passion that you see oozing from RIM with TH driving the ship. It's sort of like the Steve Jobs aura, he had a way of empowering people which brought out the best in them. I see this PASSION in RIM, it's unstoppable. They are going to succeed I have no doubt about that.

I keep buying into RIM and feel very comfortable about it , your post makes me so happy I have. Thank you!
    12-30-12 10:32 AM
    What will be interesting to *me* at launch is not just the tech, which we can already imagine, but rather any major partnerships that are announced. For example if RIM announced that some major car maker was going to feature BlackBerry 10 connected services. That kind of thing.
    12-30-12 10:48 AM
    Amen Brother, well said!
    12-30-12 11:04 AM
    "... but not as good as the iPhone." If you leave out that part, you're misrepresenting what Misek said.
    Everyone knows Android is better then ios. Peter is in the pocket of apple and so he can not say its better then ios but he can say its better then Andoird which makes bb10 better then ios. This is something closed and weak minded ifans can not understand. Oh look a new angry fart game.
    missing_K-W and Jake Storm like this.
    12-30-12 11:26 AM
    Do you honestly believe that RIMM will dump millions into a new platform, that is cutting edge technology, with the fastest mobile browser on the planet, just to match Iphone. RIMM is not even thinking about Iphone. RIMM is thinking about the future and Iphone is not going to be there. Just so you're not misrepresenting what I said, reread my post.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    12-30-12 11:55 AM
111 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD