Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree118Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    616 Global Posts

Welcome to the forum!

Just one persons opinion - it works well for me, now. I used every version through the Beta period and the first one was terrible. I wrote in my feedback, and it was fixed in the next version. Right now, it performs well. I use it in the family when i am traveling - all of the people involved though have the latest BB OS, and software. (I am the BB admin of our home!)
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,260 Global Posts
    PIN
    PINned to The Shepherd!

Quote Originally Posted by 03_CTD View Post
    BBM Voice has obviously touched a nerve with many people and rightfully so. Many of members who have contributed to this thread have argued tooth and nail for the customization, communication and security strengths of BB. Voice is a communication feature that is lacking customization. Considering this is a native feature I should be able to turn this feature on, off, upside down and profile the living **** out of it. This isn't possible and people are upset. Why is this surprising?? How is it possible that many of the most prominent members here who use a BlackBerry for all of it's best features are able to so easily dismiss this oversight? This can't simply be excitement over a new feature.

Btw.....any opinions on the security of this new feature?
    Agreed that BBM is a long term native app. BBM Voice is not. Voice is a first generation function. It's released as such because most people aren't having issues and everyone has been clamoring for a release. For the few who do have bugs (myself included, with a minor one), they'll get fixed and more features will be added. As for the other BBM functionality that has been in there for a long time, it all works fine and some would say smoother than ever.

As for being defensive, is that the case? Or is it those of us who have been active in testing and bug reporting are correcting misstatements? There's a difference.
    More thoughts at Bill's Spiritual Musings. http://www.bills-musings.com
    CrackBerry Master

Just got off BBM after chatted with my sister in the UK. Before that I chatted to my niece and nephew. In all, I think I've used it about 20 times over the last couple of days, from and to various locations and not a single issue yet. Even friends of mine who haven't used BBM for years are suddenly back on the band wagon again.

This is going to need an amazing application to keep in contact with all my relatives and friends in the UK and elsewhere.
    CrackBerry Abuser

It is working just fine on my BB, and I am glad to have this feature, I can now talk to my family for free, not just type/chat to them.

I know not everybody will have a happy experience, but I think is nice to see new things coming for us!
    White Z10 | STL 100-3 Official: 10.2.1.537 aka 10.2.1.1925 | Telcel
    Previous OS Leak:10.2.1.1055 aka 10.2.1.176
    64GB PlayBook BB Lover
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,260 Global Posts
    PIN
    PINned to The Shepherd!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy1966 View Post
    Just got off BBM after chatted with my sister in the UK. Before that I chatted to my niece and nephew. In all, I think I've used it about 20 times over the last couple of days, from and to various locations and not a single issue yet. Even friends of mine who haven't used BBM for years are suddenly back on the band wagon again.

This is going to need an amazing application to keep in contact with all my relatives and friends in the UK and elsewhere.
    Exactly. I admin a group that has members in America, Europe, and Asia. The only reason I haven't talked to any members in Europe on Voice is because they haven't upgraded yet. The Asians jumped right on the betas, as did some of us in America. Bye bye, international calling costs.
    More thoughts at Bill's Spiritual Musings. http://www.bills-musings.com
    CrackBerry User

So there is no way to roll back to the old version of BBM? I've read a lot of opinions and sermonizing, but very poor corrective actions for my situation.

The suggestions of setting up a new BB account are a pain in the arse. Already tried, requires me to go into BB App World and re-do everything. I'm looking to find a way to roll back so I can keep two phones with separate BBM contacts.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234