I think RIM has made a huge mistake releasing a very problematic Bbm7 voice feature just before the launch of BB10.
    Judging by the comments and responses on these forums as well as the comments on BB app world re-BBm7/Voice, Rim has got it terribly wrong at the worst possible time. For the most of us Bbm 7/voice means getting a few new emoticons and that's it!
    At the offset Bbm/voice seemed like a great feature that could possibly accomodate the gap to skype and seemed to good to be true.
    But it seems for the majority it doesnt work!
    Reading through the "Fixes" i have realised just how limiting BBm voice actually is, only working on Wifi then having to change I.P. adresses and getting very technical just to get it working on your home network only?? What about the vast majority that are not on these forums? do you think they have a clue as to how to get Voice to work by re-setting I.P. add etc. What about the people that dont have Wifi at home? Is a Wifi Hotspot now deemed useless to access Bbm7/voice ?
    I just hope and pray that Rim has not pissed of another large group of loyal followers that where perhaps on the knifes edge.
    How many people reported loosing Bbm completely after there update? Fortunatly there are those that have backed up there Phones via Desktop and it wouild seem obvious to us that one should do it, but how many people out there dont have a clue?
    BB10 has a huge job on its shoulders! May the force be with you!
    12-13-12 02:28 AM
    Wow another person with less than 10 posts who just signed up and is posting negative content and/or non relevant content. Coincidence? What exactly are you looking to get out of this post?it is known there are some issues and that is expected with something this new. If you have some issues maybe ask on a thread for help or create a thread asking for help. This thread states negative comments that may or may not be true, but never the less was not created to help yourself or anyone else on here so why?
    Barljo, taz323, Cesare21 and 17 others like this.
    12-13-12 02:35 AM
    Wow another person with less than 10 posts who just signed up and is posting negative content and/or non relevant content. Coincidence? What exactly are you looking to get out of this post?it is known there are some issues and that is expected with something this new. If you have some issues maybe ask on a thread for help or create a thread asking for help. This thread states negative comments that may or may not be true, but never the less was not created to help yourself or anyone else on here so why?
    Hello, yes i am new to this forum.
    And i am sorry, maybe i thought it was a place where fellow Blackberry addicts could express our opinions, both possitive and negative.
    12-13-12 02:46 AM
    Hello, yes i am new to this forum.
    And i am sorry, maybe i thought it was a place where fellow Blackberry addicts could express our opinions, both possitive and negative.
    Thats pretty much a blanket statement that is standard issue with negative posts right now as a disclaimer to allow it.

Welcome to the forum, What can we help you with? There doesnt seem to be a question above and there is already discussion for the bugs if you just want to talk and dont need help.
    12-13-12 03:11 AM
    Thats pretty much a blanket statement that is standard issue with negative posts right now as a disclaimer to allow it.

Welcome to the forum, What can we help you with? There doesnt seem to be a question above and there is already discussion for the bugs if you just want to talk and dont need help.
    Hi, my name is Grant, pleased to meet you.
    Firstly, we are actually on the same side so chill just a little bit, I am a huge Blackberry fan and my name was first on the list for BB10.
    My post was one of frustration, daily been told by our fruit phone friends that we are dead in the water, i was even called an antique collector by one.
    I daily stand in BB's corner only to feel like they have let us down when we needed things to run smoothly.
    So if you need a direct question, do you think BB should have ironed out all the issues before releasing Bbm7 prior to probably there last life line in BB10?
    12-13-12 03:33 AM
    There will always be some issues.

Sent from the awesome Sony xperia S
    12-13-12 03:39 AM
    Hi, my name is Grant, pleased to meet you.
    Firstly, we are actually on the same side so chill just a little bit, I am a huge Blackberry fan and my name was first on the list for BB10.
    My post was one of frustration, daily been told by our fruit phone friends that we are dead in the water, i was even called an antique collector by one.
    I daily stand in BB's corner only to feel like they have let us down when we needed things to run smoothly.
    So if you need a direct question, do you think BB should have ironed out all the issues before releasing Bbm7 prior to probably there last life line in BB10?
    Ideally, like any software a flawless launch and product is wanted. I think this feature gave os7 users something cool to be distracted with instead of wandering into the apple store before the holidays. It has bugs but works well for the majority. I think if it was left in beta for even two more weeks os7 users would not have had that "somethings new on my phone" feeling and maybe would have bailed ship. So some bugs are better then 10% better and releasing in january for me
    kbz1960, spike12, Mecca EL and 2 others like this.
    12-13-12 03:43 AM
    Ideally, like any software a flawless launch and product is wanted. I think this feature gave os7 users something cool to be distracted with instead of wandering into the apple store before the holidays. It has bugs but works well for the majority. I think if it was left in beta for even two more weeks os7 users would not have had that "somethings new on my phone" feeling and maybe would have bailed ship. So some bugs are better then 10% better and releasing in january for me
    I actually fully agree with you, maybe i had my numbers wrong? It just seemed to me that there were more people that couldnt get it to work than those that could? I am from South Africa and have yet to meet someone that has got it to work. ( Agreed i am not in the big cities)
    I was just hoping that Rim would have got it spot on, maybe impossible, and got everyone remotely Blackberry Buzzzzing again before the big launch.
    BUT we will still stand our ground and fight for Blackberry!!
    12-13-12 04:00 AM
    I actually fully agree with you, maybe i had my numbers wrong? It just seemed to me that there were more people that couldnt get it to work than those that could? I am from South Africa and have yet to meet someone that has got it to work. ( Agreed i am not in the big cities)
    I was just hoping that Rim would have got it spot on, maybe impossible, and got everyone remotely Blackberry Buzzzzing again before the big launch.
    it's working great for me and everyone i know. The sound quality is stunning. People that have it working don't usually post that everything is fine. Say a few thousand can't get it to work and millions do, you'll only hear about the thousands that don't get it to work.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-13-12 04:24 AM
    It works fine for me as well. I'm quite pleased with the addition.

One of the plus sides to the update is that it will allow people who don't update immediately to BB10 the ability to voice chat with them. It would be worse if the feature came to BB10 and you could only chat with other BB10 users. It now gives people a peak at what is to come, and to get used to the option.
    12-13-12 05:45 AM
    It works fine for me as well. I'm quite pleased with the addition.

One of the plus sides to the update is that it will allow people who don't update immediately to BB10 the ability to voice chat with them. It would be worse if the feature came to BB10 and you could only chat with other BB10 users. It now gives people a peak at what is to come, and to get used to the option.
    The sound quality is simply amazing.
    12-13-12 05:54 AM
    Works fine for me also. Every wifi area I've gone to, connects, and works just perfect. I will admit it didn't work at first(i was a beta user and it worked fine on those builds, but the official just wouldn't work), so I deleted BBM and reinstalled, all is fine now. The voice quality is simply amazing, although I think at this point its just a novelty. How many people actually make voice calls on their PHONES nowadays? It's mostly some form of social networking(facebook, twitter, whatsapp), and/or text messages.
    12-13-12 06:25 AM
    Damn!
    Mine is not working, thought what the heck i will just wait till BB10. Sounds to good to wait!!
    It seems i will have to skim those help lines again.
    12-13-12 06:27 AM
    BBM7 voice seems to work very well. I tried yesterday with my friend and the quality was really good.

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    12-13-12 06:29 AM
    Sorry to hear you had some issues. I have noticed a few others have had it some bugs, but for the most part the posts I see are folks wondering how to turn it off, or change/remove icosn...etc. Not bugs, just things they need to get used to.

Works very well for me (It actually worked right from the very first Beta version, I had virtually no bugs that were experienced by others). My wifes had some bugs through the beta process until the last beta release (as a matter of fact I have yet to upload the final on hers). Everyone else I know now that has uploaded the final has had absolutely no issues.

Hopefully you can work through your troubles
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    12-13-12 06:48 AM
    Works fine for me also. Every wifi area I've gone to, connects, and works just perfect. I will admit it didn't work at first(i was a beta user and it worked fine on those builds, but the official just wouldn't work), so I deleted BBM and reinstalled, all is fine now. The voice quality is simply amazing, although I think at this point its just a novelty. How many people actually make voice calls on their PHONES nowadays? It's mostly some form of social networking(facebook, twitter, whatsapp), and/or text messages.
    That was actually one of my questions, so it will connect to any Wifi zone?
    12-13-12 06:50 AM
    That was actually one of my questions, so it will connect to any Wifi zone?
    Yes, even mobile wifi hotspot.
    12-13-12 07:04 AM
    I've made a call to someone in Lagos, so it does work in Africa.

The only bad thing about BBM7 is that there's no BBM Voice if you're on OS5.
    FRG_RC and GJL like this.
    12-13-12 07:08 AM
    I've only used it once but worked fine. Just like a regular phone call and that call was over an hour long. I didn't have to make any changes at all to IP address or wifi settings.
    12-13-12 08:09 AM
    No issues here, it's just amazing it even has more quality than normal voice calls.
    12-13-12 08:21 AM
    BBM Voice has worked flawlessly for me since the first Beta release. I've used it extensively in different places with different people.
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    12-13-12 08:28 AM
    I thought BBM 7 was an improvement.
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    12-13-12 08:31 AM
    Works perfectly for me. Why do you have such a negative headline? Gesshhh. Obviously some people might have issues. What software release has ever had 100 % success rate. Chill out!!!
    12-13-12 08:38 AM
    Beta worked flawlessly for me though only with one other person who was a beta member. Now that more of my BBM friends have it we have had trouble for the party answering the call being heard from time to time (not every time and not the same places every time). Any idea what that could be - possible fix? Have been very impressed with the quality of the service so far.
    12-13-12 08:40 AM
    Wow elitist much cause you have over 1200 posts? OP could be a long time visitor but just never posted comments...

I frequent this site often to see what OPINIONS are, sure there are tons or trolls out there, but let's not hate on someone for posting comments that spur a conversation.
    dee., nano404 and GJL like this.
    12-13-12 09:26 AM
81 123 ...