In an interview at CES 2011, Mike Lazaridis confirmed plans to bring QNX to BlackBerry smartphones, or �super phones�. The new generation BlackBerry's will require dual-core processors in order to handle the QNX operating system. This is part of the grand 10 year plan that RIM has put together to stay competitive in the market. Mike went on to say:

I think in this kind of business you have to have a lot of planning. It�s one thing to take a reference design and package it. It�s another thing to build a platform that can grow with your customers� needs, that can grow with where the market is going as opposed to where the market is today. To provide that uncompromised performance for enterprise, for government, for large corporations as well as provide an experience for the consumer that�s unique.

RIM's 10 year business model includes �the BlackBerry communications device, there�s the tablet, and there�s the super phone, the super smartphone.�

The future looks bright for RIM and we can't wait to see what is in store.
    03-31-11 01:25 AM
    It's just like their "super apps".
    03-31-11 11:04 AM
    Is superphone just a modded regular phone but cost twice as much? Like supercars?
    03-31-11 11:44 AM
    Is superphone just a modded regular phone but cost twice as much? Like supercars?
    and half as reliable?
    03-31-11 11:49 AM
    I still don't get "QNX will only run on dual core processors" when it runs on all kinds of them. Maybe just not their version of it?
    03-31-11 11:54 AM
    Does the superphone come with cape?
    03-31-11 12:04 PM
    maybe its just like superman with his eyes, just with the phone..
    well.. i'll definitely get the bold touch and the qnx phones, cant wait
    03-31-11 12:17 PM
    Sounds great! I hope it all comes into fruition.
    03-31-11 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD