Withdrawn unable to delete
    Last edited by jrohland; 03-28-12 at 04:24 PM.
    01-14-11 11:26 AM
    This is all assuming these specs came from RIM and not something someone made up. The more I think of these leaked specs, they just do not look legit to me.
    01-14-11 11:31 AM
    CDMA versions generally follow a year after GSM, think Bold, Curve 83xx and Pearl 81xx. Wait and see.
    01-14-11 11:33 AM
    This is all assuming these specs came from RIM and not something someone made up. The more I think of these leaked specs, they just do not look legit to me.
    The fact the specs are still bringing in all the Android users and soon to be ex BB users claiming the specs are so last year, and not worth gloating about, it really does smell of RIM, and not a rumor mill, if it was someone just looking to make rumors we'd see higher RAM numbers, screen resolutions, and Front facing camera's

Actually if I was going to try and create a big Rumor buzz I'd have a landscape slider made, it would create the most speculation and comments from both BB lovers and haters.
    01-14-11 11:37 AM
    The good news is all those iPhone users hosing the ATT network are rushing over to VZW--where they will hose that network.
    I wouldn't be so fast to say this. Would an AT&T customer owning an AT&T iPhone 4G want to go and buy a VZW iPhone 4G just to switch networks? They will not be able to take their AT&T iPhone and connect it up to Verizons.
    01-14-11 11:38 AM
    Has RIM given up on CDMA in favor of GSM only? I understand that it has traditionally taken time to get the CDMA versions out. If they wait a year, or even 3 months to release the CDMA version of a device that is already a year or more behind the competition, they may as well not bother.
    I have to believe something is coming. Bold is going EOL at the end of March, Storm2 is already EOL and extremely long in the tooth. Just having the entry-level Curve 3G isn't going to cut it.
    01-14-11 11:45 AM
    I am a BB Tour on Verizon owner and I am concerned that RIM has completely gave up on VZW.

My only hope is that RIM has decided to hold off on making 3G CDMA phones and is going to make the jump to LTE. However, I would not expect to see that phone on VZW till mid 2012.

My plan is to buy the PB and then wait it out. Would love to see the Dakota LTE on Verizon.
    01-14-11 11:54 AM
    I think this is the fall out of RIM's declining market share. The economics of handsets improve with the number manufactured. As the number of handsets on VZW and Sprint have declined it might no longer make sense to roll out new devices on those carriers. That and RIM's decision to focus on Third World markets, it would seem RIM's CDMA strategy might be to do just enough to get by.

Or these vaporware devices might just be an attempt to keep the faithful moving forward like a bunch of donkeys after a carrot on a stick...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    howarmat likes this.
    01-14-11 12:08 PM
    I wouldn't be so fast to say this. Would an AT&T customer owning an AT&T iPhone 4G want to go and buy a VZW iPhone 4G just to switch networks? They will not be able to take their AT&T iPhone and connect it up to Verizons.
    `current` research says 15% to 20% at+t users will move. but we all know surveys are a very sample of a group. also its seems more android owners on vzw would move to viphone than at+t users! again just a survey.

what i`d say is the storm1+2 came out in gsm and cdma. and as these are purely rumors, its prob fair to say the person who leaked em is hedging their bets that gsm will be on all of them so it makes more sense to say that.
    01-14-11 12:19 PM
    what i`d say is the storm1+2 came out in gsm and cdma. and as these are purely rumors, its prob fair to say the person who leaked em is hedging their bets that gsm will be on all of them so it makes more sense to say that.
    However the Style remains CDMA-Only.
    01-14-11 12:54 PM
    What ever works for you? Everything is not for everyone...
    01-14-11 01:57 PM
    They may be working on CDMA counterparts as well. Usually, they all have different code names, even if in the same line (Curve 83xx were Mama Bear, Baby Bear, and Papa Bear).

So Monaco may be the GSM version. There may be a code name for the CDMA version as well.
    01-14-11 03:28 PM
    They may be working on CDMA counterparts as well. Usually, they all have different code names, even if in the same line (Curve 83xx were Mama Bear, Baby Bear, and Papa Bear).

So Monaco may be the GSM version. There may be a code name for the CDMA version as well.
    I hope you are right. I'm due for an upgrade in May and I would prefer to stay with BlackBerry and a touchscreen phone on verizon.
    01-14-11 03:32 PM
    I don't know...Verizon is still the largest and most respected provider in the US. If RIM is going to stop focusing on CDMA devices, it may be because with the launch of 4G LTE, CDMA is nearing the end of its life.

You have to consider that there must still be a significant lifespan left for CDMA since Apple just invested in it...the Verizon iPhone!
    01-14-11 03:33 PM
    I don't know...Verizon is still the largest and most respected provider in the US. If RIM is going to stop focusing on CDMA devices, it may be because with the launch of 4G LTE, CDMA is nearing the end of its life.

You have to consider that there must still be a significant lifespan left for CDMA since Apple just invested in it...the Verizon iPhone!
    Keep in mind, Verizon's LTE devices will still fall back on CDMA in areas where LTE isn't available. Even if they design an LTE device, it still requires CDMA compatibility. Verizon can't take its' CDMA network offline anytime for the next couple of years at least, until they have full LTE coverage.
    01-14-11 04:09 PM
    So it has been said that cdma typically gets a gsm device many months or up to a year after say, AT+T. The torch comes to mind. Maybe in March for verizon, maybe. By then the torch2 will be soon to come to AT+T. Or so the leaked rumors are saying. Can you imagine verizon finally getting and selling the torch with a torch 2 available on AT+T? I don't get why we get the leftovers. That's what it seems like. The BOLD was a gsm device long before it came to verizon. The new version of the updated BOLD with the 2.8 touch screen, going to gsm of course! I love verizon simply because imo they have the best network, it's everywhere I go. I cannot say that about any other. So, I'm sticking with them no matter what, because coverage is #1 in my view. Devices take a back seat. I have an upgrade coming in May tho and I'll be looking for another device if anything good is available. I'd even consider a droid device if, and this is a big IF, I could get something with a BB form factor, and no the droid pro does not floating my boat. Either that or a wp7 device if by some mistake they happen to make a BB form non touch screen version. Since non of the above will probably happen, I'm looking toward RIM and not seeing much on the horizon for verizon. tsk,tsk. and crap.
    01-14-11 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD