12-22-12 11:08 AM
- 12-21-12 09:30 PMLike 6
Don't bother replying to this John. I really don't care to carry on a conversation past this point with someone who believes that insults are a way forward in life.
Si.12-21-12 09:30 PMLike 6
- The thing that peeves me most about RIM, and it's something that any largish corporation should have dozens of, is that every time Heins speaks they have to spend the next three days CLARIFYING his statements. He needs a minder or 10. And decent PR. The man's a walking dictionary killer!12-21-12 09:34 PMLike 1
- I disagree, Thor could not have been more clear about service revenues(RIM CEO: Service Revenue in Place, Not Going Away). CNBC and the other hedge fund puppet networks don't want to hear the facts . The fact is RIM beat ER two Q in a row while Analysts were "thinking" and "believeing" in the grinch.Even Goldman thinks market decline was overdone
RIM (RIMM) Service Revenue Will Decline, Not Disappear Stresses Goldman
Shares of RIM (NASDAQ: RIMM) declined this morning on fears related to changes in its service revenue model for BB10. Goldman Sachs believes the decline is a result of "misunderstanding". Analysts expect it to decline, not disappear.
"Importantly, we believe there may be a misunderstanding that as a result of the move to BB10, all of RIM's services revenues are at risk. Rather, we believe its current installed base will not be affected by the different BB10 pricing structure, though it will continue to be impacted by competition," said analyst Simona Jankowski.
New consumers who purchase a BB10 device are not likely to pay a service fee, but importantly, existing customer will. New enterprise subscribers would probably pay some level of service fee, though plans will be tiered and APRU could declined. New BB7 subscriber will pay service fees, noted the analyst report.
A second point worth noting is increased carrier support for BB10, seen by some on Wall Street as a trade-off for lower service fees.
"Importantly, RIM noted that BB10 is now in technical acceptance programs with over 150 carriers, up from 50 carriers about three months ago," said Jankowski.
Jankowski thinks there is a 30 percent probability of a "bull case" for Research In Motion. In this scenario, RIM stock would be worth $30 per share.
Goldman Sachs has a Buy rating on RIM with a modified price target of $17.00 (from $16.00).
UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Reiterates Buy Rating, Raises PT on Research In Motion Limited | Benzinga12-21-12 09:51 PMLike 3
- RIM is responsible to its long term shareholders and not the traders of the stock. Jan 30 is the day the information is going to come out. Stated a long time ago. If the traders missed that they have themselves to blame. A pull back in the stock was to be expected!
Teared service plans are the norm in Asia Pacific already! RIM has experience in this area and know what their doing.
If you wanted to buy RIM on the way up, you now have your chance. I suspect like the last drop it won't last long though.12-21-12 10:28 PMLike 1
- I have no idea why people are panicking over this drop caused by "lower subscription". The way I look at it its just a temporary issue due to loss of full BIS plans being subscribed. Its not like RIM's BIS revenues just got cut off, it will lower significantly but its always on profit for RIM.
Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk12-21-12 11:33 PM
Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk12-21-12 11:54 PMLike 4
- Meh, I am long RIMM. But looking back this stock was due for a correction, should have sold but didnt. On the weekly chart it has been above the upper Bolinger Band for a couple of weeks. It needed to come back down so it can run up again.
Anyways, RIM is doing fine, quit your bitchin.12-22-12 01:55 AM
- 12-22-12 04:30 AM
- A 20% decline in the stock price sends a very bad signal to stakeholders. They will rightfully ask, "why invest / develop now? Let's see if they are around in 12 mos before I do that." Problem is that everyone will be waiting for everyone else. RIM's rising stock price was a positive signal - this morning, Thor referred to the rising stock price as investors rising confidence in BB10. So Thor, how is everyone suppose to interpret a 20% decline in a single day? Thor, you failed to stop the bleeding - you were not specific and you have not earned the privilege of being vague (i.e. 'licensing our mobile computing platform to others'). What must you do?
1) Hold an analyst day and explain the numbers to people. Help them make knowledgable projections. Show them how MDM revenues and higher ASPs will offset declining service revenues.
2) Announce new services - if you are doing something with the autos, now is he time to tell people. (The QNX stuff doesn't count - you hardly get paid for that)
3) Recruit more investors. Why have you been unable to win back David Einhorn?
4) Fire your Head of IR. That incompetent moron hasn't got back to me eventhough I made a request 24 months ago.
Thor, you risk underperforming if you do not actively manage sentiment.
Kevin, UMI's piece on service revenues sucked. All he said was "this is a problem I have been worrying about". Thanks for that Chris. Let's get some number crunchers on this forum who can explain what is really going on here. Goldman and Bernstein think the market is overreacting - let's get someone who can show (using numbers) why this is the case.
Happy holidays everyone!
John D. Arnold - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia12-22-12 08:29 AM
- 12-22-12 09:41 AM
- Symptoms of Histrionic Personality Disorder
A pervasive pattern of excessive emotionality and attention seeking, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:
Is uncomfortable in situations in which he or she is not the center of attention
Displays rapidly shifting and shallow expression of emotions
Consistently*uses physical appearance to draw attention*to themself
Has a style of speech that is*excessively impressionistic and lacking in detail
Shows self-dramatization, theatricality, and exaggerated expression of emotion
Is highly suggestible, i.e., easily influenced by others or circumstances
Considers*relationships to be more intimate than they actually are
Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 212-22-12 10:42 AM
- 12-22-12 11:08 AM
- By Rob1 in forum News & RumorsReplies: 11Last Post: 06-22-11, 09:52 PM
- By itskevo in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 9Last Post: 02-11-11, 08:59 AM
- By diegonei in forum BlackBerry Curve 85xxReplies: 12Last Post: 01-04-10, 02:37 PM
- By DeanO in forum Mac UsersReplies: 2Last Post: 07-14-07, 06:51 PM
- By MMB916 in forum News & RumorsReplies: 0Last Post: 05-13-07, 12:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD