With their release of Media Sync, and there are other third party apps to use the media on your device... which grab info, etc for it to use while playing....

But.....

Now we all know RIM wants to get in the media and consumer base.

You would have thought they would have the media player sync up with an online source to grab album art, artist info etc..... vs using a PC and an App to do it.....
    05-10-10 12:47 PM
    Mediasync, which uses WMP and iTunes...leaves it up to those apps to do it for you. Sadly, even with online sources behind it, they still suck.

Even if RIM did implement it, it would suck just as iTunes and WMP does..it would be a wasted effort simply because not everyone buys, listens to music where the album art can even be tracked. You best bet is to assign your own.
    05-10-10 01:10 PM
    I'd rather assign my own. I like to scour Google for the best quality images and add them myself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-10 01:18 PM
    Mediasync, which uses WMP and iTunes...leaves it up to those apps to do it for you. Sadly, even with online sources behind it, they still suck.

Even if RIM did implement it, it would suck just as iTunes and WMP does..it would be a wasted effort simply because not everyone buys, listens to music where the album art can even be tracked. You best bet is to assign your own.
    True that. I am just really surprised they have not built something like that already....

Maybe they will some day lol...

Seems they already have with the native Podcast app right.? it seem to pull images...
    05-10-10 01:26 PM
    True that. I am just really surprised they have not built something like that already....

Maybe they will some day lol...

Seems they already have with the native Podcast app right.? it seem to pull images...
    Yeah but those images are off a "set" feed..meaning they can update the pic and pull the info from the feed directly. That's slightly different then pulling random data from some online source for music covers.
    05-10-10 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD