We have ours running extremely well with our emr doctor looks up a a patient if there is a rad report they click the image button and bam PACS loads the image.

Cerner and FUJI Synapse

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I was developing a EMR back in 2002ish maybe 2003 what ever year the Ontario government changed the qualification process from costing $1000 to costing about $32000 so we folded up our 2 man shop and made modules for Nightingale EMR and the hardest thing was Making PACS load in a browser so Doctors could have dumb terminals in the offices and keep costs down.

sooooooo glad I am not in the software world anymore.
    08-23-11 08:40 PM
    I wouldn't call it brainwashing based on price alone. It's the way things are marketed towards people. That can have an affect.

08-23-11 11:20 PM
    In my neighbourhood, teenage kids have the latest BB. It's more a status symbol for teenagers.

To me, it seems that picking Apple or BB depends on preference.
    08-23-11 11:32 PM
    The thing I don't get is that the Torch is 450 and it's a better phone. If you look at it that way it's definitely overpriced.
    Really not sure how the Torch is a Better phone.

The 9900 is the iconic BlackBerry Form factor and it is BEAUTIFUL the Keyboard is the best, and it fits in a dress shirt pocket much nicer than either torch. due to it's thiness and size.

the 9900 is a Premium marketed phone.
    you can buy a Ford Taurus decked out to have more features than a Lincoln and cost less than the Lincoln, doesn't mean the status of the Taurus is worth of that of Lincoln, same idea here.

Bold commands the higher price, and it WILL get the higher price point
    08-24-11 12:18 AM
    This is true, I did a poll and the candybar beat the slider and the full touch by a huge margin. People are looking for a 9000/97XX replacement, not some Frankenstein's monster with a slide out keyboard.

08-24-11 01:08 AM
    Are you serious with this? Brainwashing? I'm glad that some people can have a constructive debate, because this thread is ridiculous.
    I was asking, Since some forumer's thought Apple was brainwashing people.

I don't see everyone is bashing me....
    08-24-11 09:18 AM
    It must be working I am at work sitting here in a black turtleneck and jeans..........
    PsyCorps likes this.
    08-24-11 11:21 AM
    I think it is easy to tell the difference between brainwashing and what BlackBerry is doing. All the proprietary stuff Apple comes up with is sooooooooo ridiculous. It's just a way to have Apple's lawyers ensure their ability to strip customers and other companies making Apple compatible products of their money in the guise of a superior product that is marketed very well but isn't truly that great compared to what the competition has to offer in similar price points. All it does is create more products cycled more often to generate more cash for the Katz upstairs.

RIM doesn't do this, they find a market and try and produce the best product that particular market will support.

Will RIM make money every time I replace a mini USB cable with a micro USB?

08-24-11 11:11 PM
    The thing I don't get is that the Torch is 450 and it's a better phone. If you look at it that way it's definitely overpriced.
    ARE YOU ON CRACK?! You're saying that the Bold 9900 is worse than the torch 9800? What world do you live in? In which way, which aspect? The 9900 smokes the torch in every way possible.
    08-25-11 12:06 AM
    Its all about needs and if an individual or institution can create a need, even when the product or service is obviously not needed, then we officially have brain washing!

Apple is an obvious example, but let me use Budweiser. In one of their commercials, they show that if you buy their beer, you will instantly have friends, hot women, etc. It may seem funny and ridiculous, but it works and its no different from Apple's ads of owning the "divine" iphone.

The ads subconsciously hit people's emotions, successfully making you believe that if you buy their products, you somehow, become a "special" person. In that case, they make you believe that buying their product can fulfill that self-esteem you are lacking, help you become richer, look more attractive, etc. We know that won't happen, but many people buy into it to, for a second, escape some of the harsh realities they accept and understand that they will never get away from.

Last edited by BBFXPro777; 08-25-11 at 01:45 AM.
    08-25-11 01:42 AM
85 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD