So, I thought I missed it checking the tag at Crackberry:

BlackBerry outage | CrackBerry.com

But obviously there has been no report on this... since a few days it's going around (at least in German media) that 2,4 million Blackberry users have sued RIM over the Blackberry outage.

There is two different, parallel, cases in Canada and the US over this problem. Just in the US they've got 2,4 million participants.

(german sources:
    Blackberry-Kunden klagen - Service - sueddeutsche.de
    RIM wegen Blackberry-Ausfall verklagt | silicon.de
    RIM wegen mehrt�giger Blackberry-St�rung verklagt | Business | News | ZDNet.de) /// there is many more...

and I googled and found an english speaking source:

RIM sued for BBM outage - Online-News-Today

Should be making a news on Crackberry after all...

Seems like people don't take those "10 free apps" and go with it happily.
    mustangv8 likes this.
    10-28-11 02:12 AM
    I saw this late last night when checking quotes. I was happy to read this. Sadly, the litigation lawyers will make most of the money here. I'm just glad someone is taking it to RIMM and showing them it is not okay to treat customers like trash and bank free money while businesses can't operate due to their problem. Anyone see the reports of RIMM making an average of 3.5 million I believe a day for their service? Hope this brings even more light on the worthless ceo running the company into the ground further.

problem is, the shareholders will be the ones paying the suit if RIMM loses or likely just gives an offer. so no management will be held responsible again. take a look at RIMM stock as it continues to falter away with the market at its highs. Better spread more buyout propoganda to keep RIMM around $20

Those junk, worthless apps were a slap in the face. Might as well offer nothing, something RIMM is so good at.
    10-28-11 02:20 AM
    10-28-11 02:40 AM
    Wasn't tagged the way I expected... sorry.
    10-28-11 02:53 AM
    BBSLA, section 19,b

(b) Service(s).
    (i) EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT SPECIFICALLY PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, EACH SERVICE IS PROVIDED OR MADE ACCESSIBLE "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE", WITHOUT CONDITION, ENDORSEMENT, GUARANTEE, REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND BY RIM.

(ii) RIM DOES NOT WARRANT OR PROVIDE AN OTHER SIMILAR ASSURANCE WHATSOEVER THAT UNINTERRUPTED USE OR OPERATION OF ANY SERVICE, CONTINUED AVAILABILITY OF ANY SERVICE, OR THAT ANY MESSAGES, CONTENT OR INFORMATION SENT BY OR TO YOU WILL BE ACCURATE, TRANSMITTED IN UNCORRUPTED FORM OR WITHIN A REASONABLE PERIOD OF TIME.
    think that pretty much covers outages lol.
    ekv, Barljo, Jake Storm and 1 others like this.
    10-28-11 02:59 AM
    BBSLA, section 19,b

Now multiply that by each and every carrier out there that makes use of the same verbatim and ya, thanks for wasting the courts time.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    10-28-11 03:05 AM
    BBSLA, section 19,b

So that means the only ones benifiting from all these law suits are the lawyers lol. Just waiting for the case to end so they can collect their money lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by luqman24; 10-28-11 at 03:26 AM.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    10-28-11 03:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD