I just replaced my 3 week curve and synced it with DM and went to carrier to change pin and keep getting these messages . This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server.

BEGINETP 123
    AYGktQUAAAAAIBAIMzFBQzU1QUUgIFNhbEJhZ2xpb25lQHNpbH ZlcmxpbmV3aW5kb3cuY29t
    AMrHl2hQBUNNSU1FA0CAgICAMgAAMDBBRkUxNTgxK0crMQDMzO uqJJSO27DNuRuNOhCkABmH
    AfusPaRkS1h21eCXx9NX
    ENDETP -242004594
    nd esn. ANY IDEA WHAT THESE ARE? I GOT 9 in the last hour and a half?
    06-19-08 09:13 PM
    no idea, but I'd call your provider and raise h**l
    06-19-08 09:34 PM
    Those are messages sent for RIM when there is an issue with BIS/BES not setup correctly. Do this:

Options > Advanced Options > Service Book, select the Desktop [CMIME] service book > menu > Delete, select the Desktop [CICAL] service book > menu > Delete

Next you need to verify that you are setup to use BIS, with BlackBerry Desktop Manager closed, on your pc, go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs > BlackBerry Desktop Software > Change/Remove > Next > Modify > Next > Custom Setup > Next. In the Email Integration Option window, select BlackBerry Internet Service > Next

If you have not done it already, delete those emails, and don't bother your carrier, it's not their fault!
    Last edited by tyroni; 06-19-08 at 10:23 PM. Reason: typo
    06-19-08 10:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD