Hey guys,

I usually don't write about BB vs Droid etc, and I'm not about to start. I just wanted to express my thoughts about the hole silly subject. It seems that a lot of folks are angry with or dissappointed with RIM these days. Many allow themselves to fall victim to false propaganda, rumors, what have you. It builds some much until said product is released and then the love affair is usually shattered. Loyalty to one company or another is just plain silly. None of them pay us for the free publicity that we give them through blogs and forums, yet some will fight to the death touting that "their" Droid, iphone or BB is the cat's meow and whatever "you" own is doggy poo, Whatever.

Yesterday, I tried the Torch. I like it but was on the fence because of one thing that I had a suspicion about and was proven in another thread. The panel beneath the screen can come off if something catches it. RIM prides itself on the highest quality, this needs to be addressed. Actually, the Bold 9700 to me is really nice. I also checked out the Samsung Captivate, then over to Verion for the new Moto droid 2, Incredible, and DX. These are all great devices which will appease the tech geek in all of us. The only thing is, that it's too much for my humble needs.

Iphone: I've been an Apple loyalist since the Apple II, CE, then my first Mac Plus in 1986. Apple was not taken seriously then, and it is more hated now, but thenumbers don't lie. They are one of the most successful companies around and make a great product. I bought a 3gs for my wife a few months back and she loves using it more than anything. Again, not for my needs, but still a great device.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is, that while this will in no way stop trolls or people who feel superior towards others for not having the latest and greatest. There are those of us who get it. We understand our needs and are content getting things done instead of having the shiniest car on the block.

Whew, sorry, I really needed to get that off my chest. I feel better now
    08-14-10 03:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD