I'm a creative professional and a technophile. Being that guy, I want to see RIM expand their understanding of productivity to include creative productivity as well.

Adobe and RIM are both iconic companies who share legendary status as far as being tools for productivity. RIM is looking for developers to contribute to their growing App World. Adobe's Creative Suite is one of the most popular, most widely used software besides Windows, and Mac OS. RIM collaborating with Adobe to produce a mobile creative suite would empower BlackBerry with the tools of productivity-- creative productivity that are increasingly becoming a part of the global economy. A strategic partnership of this level could be the shot-in-the-arm the BlackBerry app ecosystem is looking for.

People want to be creative, and people I think also want to be free of being tethered to a desk or a clunky laptop to make quick edits to .PSD files, or to write code for web programming using a mobile WYSIWYG editor. BlackBerry PlayBook and the next generation of BB10 phones will be able to support such apps, and I'm sure the global professional creative segment would be very interested.

#BlackBerryTorchBearer
    Last edited by srsBlackBird; 04-12-12 at 04:13 PM.
    04-12-12 03:13 PM
    Adobe headquarters is in California

How does it feel to be wrong
    04-12-12 03:23 PM
    It feels good because now I know, and knowing is half the battle!

#BlackBerryTorchBearer
    04-12-12 03:30 PM
    Adobe come from 2 or 3 guys out of Xerox PARC ( man Xerox soooo could have been the first Trillion dollar company if their CEO back in the 70's and 80's realized all the talent and tech they had)

That said, Adobe is going the way of Kodak, it wouldn't be wise for RIM to become more integrated with them.

Adobe NEEDS to find more ways to produce and monopolize on their strengths and that requires multiple platforms, Flash is dying, PDF is better supported outside of Adobe than within it, and apart from Photoshop I can't think of anything else Adobe really contributes to substantially any more
    howarmat likes this.
    04-12-12 03:34 PM
    Adobe come from 2 or 3 guys out of Xerox PARC ( man Xerox soooo could have been the first Trillion dollar company if their CEO back in the 70's and 80's realized all the talent and tech they had)

That said, Adobe is going the way of Kodak, it wouldn't be wise for RIM to become more integrated with them.

Adobe NEEDS to find more ways to produce and monopolize on their strengths and that requires multiple platforms, Flash is dying, PDF is better supported outside of Adobe than within it, and apart from Photoshop I can't think of anything else Adobe really contributes to substantially any more

Among creative types, Adobe is still very relevant. Flash is just one platform out of many that Adobe offers. Dreamweaver is great for making HTML edits on the fly. Photoshop is still the go to for photo-editing.

#BlackBerryTorchBearer
    04-12-12 04:21 PM
    Adobe has a lot of products that are relevant...Photoshop, Acrobat, InDesign, Illustrator

I think they're the go to product for designers
    04-12-12 04:51 PM
    kinda hoping we get photoshop touch and a dreamweaver type app but im also waiting to see what jaycut brings to the table after rim purchased that site.
    04-12-12 05:08 PM
    Adobe is not really in much better long term financial shape than RIM. They also had CEO level meetings between with Microsoft last year that were rumored to be about possible future partnerships or acquisition. Personally, I also seriously doubt they would have much interest in any sort of close relationship. Note the extent to which they developed Acrobat Reader for the Playbook vs their Reader versions for almost every other platform including WebOS. They also set the minimum specs for their touch apps higher than the specs for the Playbook; thereby taking them off the table as well.
    04-12-12 05:30 PM
    Among creative types, Adobe is still very relevant. Flash is just one platform out of many that Adobe offers. Dreamweaver is great for making HTML edits on the fly. Photoshop is still the go to for photo-editing.

#BlackBerryTorchBearer

Is dreamweaver still relevant? honestly I don't know I was a notepad++ guy back in the day, but I would have thought that with things like WordPress taking the world by storm the Dreamweaver types would be few and far between.

Acrobat survives because of preinstallations, it SUCKS for both PDF creation, and PDF rendering there are better PDF tools,

Photoshop and it's tools are Adobe's strengths, they are like AutoDesk with AutoCAD, they are not really a company to partner with. just a potential app house to make friendly with to get apps for your platform
    04-12-12 08:23 PM
    Is dreamweaver still relevant? honestly I don't know I was a notepad++ guy back in the day, but I would have thought that with things like WordPress taking the world by storm the Dreamweaver types would be few and far between.

Acrobat survives because of preinstallations, it SUCKS for both PDF creation, and PDF rendering there are better PDF tools,

Photoshop and it's tools are Adobe's strengths, they are like AutoDesk with AutoCAD, they are not really a company to partner with. just a potential app house to make friendly with to get apps for your platform

An app house? Yes. Absolutely. An app house with the most widely used creative applications in the world!

#BlackBerryTorchBearer
    04-12-12 09:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD