The reason I ask this basic question is because today I went to look for a Blackberry Music Gateway and they are sold out. Then I look to order a new 4G LTE Playbook...nope. Apparently can't get one unless you are in Canada.

You can't even get a bloody BB10 device (albeit we know why that is). I have seen many posts recently from people wanting to upgrade and their question goes something like "9900 or XXX?" One recently asked if 9900 could be upgraded to BB10. The reasoning for the questions are obvious, people are ready to buy. The suggestions usually advise, "Just wait" or some variant.

Seems like it is taking forever for BB10 to arrive and probably even more so if you an archaic Blackberry user (think 6230).

There are scads of people wanting to throw some money at RIM but it seems as though they have turned into some proof-of-concept university laboratory. Anyone else feeling this?

Hoping they can replenish inventories or do whatever they need to do because I have some cash I want to give them in exchange for a great product.
    10-31-12 12:42 AM
    BB10 is coming Q1, 2013... What else can be said? You could send your money my way if you're that desperate to get rid of it.
    10-31-12 12:52 AM
    Surprisingly, the BlackBerry Music Gateways are pretty big sellers. No one paid attention to them until they realized they could be used with every other BT compatible device out there. Still 7 days before they come back in stock.

BlackBerry Music Gateway | Bluetooth Bluetooth Adapters | ShopCrackBerry
    10-31-12 01:41 AM
    Only 5 months to go. Dont be so impatient.

Good one wrt the university lab. Very true.
    10-31-12 01:47 AM
    Can it be used in the bitten fruit phone?
    10-31-12 01:49 AM
    Well, it's actually good news for RIM that products are sold out (in terms of the music gateway, that is). It just continues to show acceptance by the general market that RIM still produces products that is widely accepted and sought after.

As for BB10, well, we've waited sooooooooo long, what is another few months? I'm perfectly contented with my BB9900 and PB64gb right now, and even if BB10 gets delayed again, it won't matter because I have devices that work for me right now. That being said, it won't stop me from being first in line to get the BB10 when it launches here in Malaysia!!
    James Nieves and nneal like this.
    10-31-12 04:18 AM
    Well, it's actually good news for RIM that products are sold out (in terms of the music gateway, that is). It just continues to show acceptance by the general market that RIM still produces products that is widely accepted and sought after.

As for BB10, well, we've waited sooooooooo long, what is another few months? I'm perfectly contented with my BB9900 and PB64gb right now, and even if BB10 gets delayed again, it won't matter because I have devices that work for me right now. That being said, it won't stop me from being first in line to get the BB10 when it launches here in Malaysia!!

completely agree.
    10-31-12 05:50 AM
    When BB10 is released there will be an "Apple TV" type device that integrates NFC and the music gateway shortly after release. People need dramtic examples to shake them outta apathy. With that said realize they are holding so much back still, in order to have the dramatic history making "revolution" much like how the introduction of BlackBerry did over a decade ago. The gateways are out of stock because not only has RIM skimmed down its suppky chain but has partnered with other companies to build next gen accesories and hardware. Most are focusing on production of BB10 related equipment. The gateway is not top priority because RIM has much bigger things planned for 2013 and the launch of their new platform. Even a refresh of the Playbook. RIM is focused on the sell through of OS7 devices to tide them over until they can make their real move. RIM has always been a niche player, they will change that with BB10 and step right up to their competiton with a complete mobile computing offering. Unlike anything we've seen on mobile to date.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    10-31-12 07:57 AM
    When BB10 is released there will be an "Apple TV" type device that integrates NFC and the music gateway shortly after release. People need dramtic examples to shake them outta apathy. With that said realize they are holding so much back still, in order to have the dramatic history making "revolution" much like how the introduction of BlackBerry did over a decade ago. The gateways are out of stock because not only has RIM skimmed down its suppky chain but has partnered with other companies to build next gen accesories and hardware. Most are focusing on production of BB10 related equipment. The gateway is not top priority because RIM has much bigger things planned for 2013 and the launch of their new platform. Even a refresh of the Playbook. RIM is focused on the sell through of OS7 devices to tide them over until they can make their real move. RIM has always been a niche player, they will change that with BB10 and step right up to their competiton with a complete mobile computing offering. Unlike anything we've seen on mobile to date.
    How much of this do you know is going to 100% happen? I've been hoping for a QNX based AppleTV competitor product (hopefully with a Netflix app and I'll turn my Netflix account back on). AppleTV has been pretty lame as it is tied to iTunes.
    10-31-12 08:12 AM
    It's all part of that marketing game. They seed the people a year ahead of time, much like feeding the chickens. They watch from behind the fence as the seed is poured out everywhere. Then when the gate is opened, they all come running to what they have all have been waiting for.
    10-31-12 08:51 AM
    Only 5 months to go.
    I love how people pull dates out of their and present them as 'facts' in these forums.
    10-31-12 08:53 AM
    BB10 is coming Q1, 2013... What else can be said? You could send your money my way if you're that desperate to get rid of it.
    Q1 could be as late as March 31, 2013
    11-01-12 02:34 PM
    It very well could be but I have a sneaking suspision that RIM is out surprise us all.
    11-01-12 03:37 PM
    It very well could be but I have a sneaking suspision that RIM is out surprise us all.
    they don't have the best track record. I remember waiting months and months for the release of the 9900/30. When it was FINALLY released, it wasn't available on my carrier until almost 2 months later
    11-01-12 03:43 PM
    they don't have the best track record. I remember waiting months and months for the release of the 9900/30. When it was FINALLY released, it wasn't available on my carrier until almost 2 months later
    They know this.....well Heins does, and I think he is out to turn a new leaf on how we, and the world, perceive RIM and delivery on promises.
    11-01-12 03:57 PM
    It could be as early as January 1, 2013 as well. Let's just average it out and say it'll come out Feb. 14th.

Newsflash! BB10 rumoured to be coming on Feb. 14th!
    11-01-12 08:18 PM
    It could be as early as January 1, 2013 as well. Let's just average it out and say it'll come out Feb. 14th.

Newsflash! BB10 rumoured to be coming on Feb. 14th!
    Even Feb 14th is still sooooooo far away. We still have sooooo many holidays to get through first! lol
    11-01-12 08:33 PM
    Even Feb 14th is still sooooooo far away. We still have sooooo many holidays to get through first! lol
    hmmmm Feb. 14, perfect valentine gift!
    11-03-12 08:32 AM
    they really need to mark a date to remain credible... it is high time...
    shemaree09 likes this.
    11-03-12 09:02 AM
    Only 5 months to go. Dont be so impatient.

Good one wrt the university lab. Very true.
    5 months? Try 3 months.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    11-03-12 09:36 AM
    5 months? Try 3 months.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    More like 4 months = eternity

BB10 should really be out 1/10/13 no later....but RIM doesn't like to market things well
    11-04-12 10:11 PM