I came to verizon from sprint and was happy to pay the few extra bucks for a service that was much more reliable. Sprint service sucks so bad and I had a horrible time with their customer service. They're probably more friendly now that they are going bankrupt. Go for the cheaper one, but trust me you'll be sacrificing some things. Good luck.
    06-14-08 08:15 PM
    Guess it all depends where you live. I've had Sprint for 2 yrs. always have a signal. Where I used to live Tmo and Cingular never got a signal inside my apartment, had to go outside to use my phone. This is the only time I've ever renewed a contract when it was up. Got my Curve and with my plan I would have paid over $40 a month MORE to go with AT&T. So that was a no go! But again, everyone and everywhere is different, go with what works for YOU!
    06-14-08 09:56 PM
    Not knocking the OP. But really your going to post this on a gushing fanboy and girl BB site. And the funny thing this the issue is with VZW has nothin to do with the BB being worth the money. The bb is great I pay 35 now with 200 text for my bb plan and thats with att. Anyway just thought it was funny
    06-14-08 10:02 PM
    Guess it all depends where you live. I've had Sprint for 2 yrs. always have a signal. Where I used to live Tmo and Cingular never got a signal inside my apartment, had to go outside to use my phone. This is the only time I've ever renewed a contract when it was up. Got my Curve and with my plan I would have paid over $40 a month MORE to go with AT&T. So that was a no go! But again, everyone and everywhere is different, go with what works for YOU!
    Well said. I had sprint for about 5 years and always had coverage issues in Las Vegas. I pay more on att and my data is not even close to as fast as it was with sprint, but I dropped calls all the time and now I never do. I have had my bb since Feb and I have only had a couple of dropped calls and that was due to a bad sim. Since then no problems, it's all about what works where you live
    06-14-08 10:08 PM
    I have T-Mobile, data/minutes plan $79/month for everything and 1500 minutes/unlimited everything else.

Phone was $250 w/$100 rebate, I sold my DASH on Craigslist for $150, so I got the Curve for free!

We have Verizon for work, and even with the discounted prices on plans & phones, T-Mobile was still cheaper. I detest Sprint, good plan, deplorable customer service. If you NEVER have to call Sprint, then get it, if you need intelligent people from THIS country, get T-Mobile.
    06-14-08 10:11 PM
    The longer you are with them the better plans and rates you get. Their network is fantastic, and their cell coverage is even better. You get what you pay for in this game...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-08 10:12 PM
    Blackberry unltd. + 900 minute plan is over $125/month on Verizon.

Considering they disable the GPS and want even more cash for Navigator, I can't stomach the personal expense.

Was fun to play with for a couple weeks.

Sorry, Blackberry Curve.
    Did you already get a bill or are you guestimating? two weeks seems kinda short for a billing period already. I was able to whittle my plan down from 900 minutes to 700 family share because I realized most of my family and friends are on VZW so I don't use a whole lot of my minutes. So for my wife and I, we pay 95 bucks a month for two phones, 1 BIS, SMS up the ying-yang (taxes and junk)...so I can't complain. I feel it's worth it for my beloved BB.
    06-14-08 10:14 PM
    We pay about $250/mo for a family share plan- four lines (one with a blackberry- me of course ) and three regular phones with extra options- texting on all of them, internet on a couple...so I think about $63/person per month is pretty reasonable with Verizon especially considering the great service we get.

Sorry it didn't work out for ya
    I really hope you guys have family messaging... In your statement, you said texting on all of them, not sure if you meant family shared or individual.

Verizon is more expensive b/c they force the data plan on you if you have a Blackberry...
    06-14-08 11:12 PM
    I honestly don't know what my true invoice is... I add and delete line and add and remove features on a monthly basis... I also switch PPs left and right. I just added an iPhone plan on my back-up line and I have BB personal on my primary. My g/f has medianet unlimited for $15 on her BB (sorry no push, at least from the BB, lol) I also increased my price plan to the next level.
    06-14-08 11:14 PM
    We pay $360/month for 5 lines of service on AT&T. 3 of the lines are Blackberries, we all share family texting, 7 pm evenings and 3000 minutes. Comes to $72.00 per line.
    06-15-08 12:31 AM
    I really hope you guys have family messaging... In your statement, you said texting on all of them, not sure if you meant family shared or individual.

Verizon is more expensive b/c they force the data plan on you if you have a Blackberry...
    We just have text messaging packages on all of the lines. With those, come unlimited IN messaging to any Verizon user- so that would include the family messaging. Depending on how much you pay, you get a certain number of out-of-network texts.
    06-15-08 08:16 AM
    Oh, also...Verizon IS more expensive. But there really isn't another option for us here. The other companies around my area are absolute crap for service. Nothing against their service in other areas, of course, but they are just horrible where I am (on Lake Huron actually). So yep, more expensive...but worth it for the great service to us.

And actually, it only works out to about $60/line on the family line with all of the features, which is pretty darn good. That is also including the blackberry....so we're definitely happy with it.
    06-15-08 08:18 AM
    hey thats verizon for ya. i've been with them for a little over fours years and know to prepare for pain when the bill arrives.
    06-15-08 08:32 AM
    I pay about 150 monthly for two lines 1 BB and the other Dash unlimited text email and 800 myfaves mins

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-08 08:33 AM
    OK, all of this makes me wonder if ATT is screwing me over! I pay $120 monthly for BB Unlimited, Unlimited text messaging and 900 minute plan.

It sounds as if they are screwing me over!!!!!!!! At least from what you all are saying.
    06-15-08 08:04 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD