12-02-08 07:18 AM
33 12
tools
    My beloved Storm? You either don't read well, or just don't pay attention. I have a Curve, and it clearly states that right up top there, see?

it was a rhetorical post, kind of like yours that cited wholly unsupported "statistics."
    12-01-08 09:06 PM
    Wow...a self proclaimed "Blackberry early adopter since the beginning of Crackberry time", yet only 2 posts one the largest Blackberry forum. Doesn't quite add up for me. Sounds more like an AT&T employee who's commission check wasn't quite what it should have been trying to persuade people away from the only company offering the Storm lol
    Now see ... I was planning to be good and ignore this thread, but you have made that impossible.

I can just imagine the AT&T team sitting around watching their shrinking commissions wondering why there were no lines at their counters over the weekend. I'm cracking up.
    12-01-08 09:14 PM
    I'll say as others, make sure you try the Storm out before you buy.

I was able to play with one for a few minutes (I know, not long) at Circuit City this weekend, and was not impressed with the "touch back feel" of the Storm.

The whole glass face of the touchscreen presses down when you touch it, and if you touch on the side of it, it's like the screen comes up a little, hard to explain writing it here...

Anyway, I'm sure some like it, I would like the larger screen, but if anything, I'd wait for Storm 2.0 and see how that is.
    12-01-08 09:47 PM
    I'll say as others, make sure you try the Storm out before you buy.

I was able to play with one for a few minutes (I know, not long) at Circuit City this weekend, and was not impressed with the "touch back feel" of the Storm.

The whole glass face of the touchscreen presses down when you touch it, and if you touch on the side of it, it's like the screen comes up a little, hard to explain writing it here...

Anyway, I'm sure some like it, I would like the larger screen, but if anything, I'd wait for Storm 2.0 and see how that is.
    I agree. I know what you mean about the screen...I feel certain phones like that, and it drives me nuts.
    12-01-08 11:37 PM
    I love my storm now that my job uses google mail I can have my email forwarded to my blackberry email account so now I dont miss those important emails i missed having a windows mobile device (and using outlook as our email sever). With that software I needed to leave my computer on 24/7 so my email can be pushed to my phone . That would not work becasue as a school teacher we have to shut the computers off over the summer and during long holidays. I am so happy I waited for this phone and with time I am getting better and so will the phone.

I love touch screens. I have an apple touch love it. I had the xv6800 sound was horrible device solid and the samsung i760 device was solid, battery ran down too quickly. Interesting to note both had wifi but I never bothered with an unlimited data plan. I am not missing the wifi at all.

So as long as they keep fixing the bugs I am going to weather this storm.
    12-01-08 11:58 PM
    Perfect advice someone gave a few posts afo - try it for 30 days. You've got nothing to lose and can give it a fair chance to learn the touchscreen and see if it's right for you. However, I didn't need that long personally.

I returned my storm the day after buying it.

I have very familiar feelings as the OP of going back to my curve and loving it

I was just not comfortable with the screen, the lag time when switching from portrait to landscape. I also hated the difficulty of enabling the speaker, mute, or any other keyboard options while on a call.

My business calls for a lot of conference calls and calling into an automated system - press 1 for this, enter pin, enter another string of numbers and it was just impossible on the storm to go from speaker to mute to keyboard and not want to throw the damn storm against the wall. Also the browser frustrated me and I had to do about 4 battery pulls in 1 day.

I have faith that all of these issues will be resolved with time. I don't doubt RIM can perfect the storm - but I don't wanna be a guinea pig.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 12:18 AM
    Wow...a self proclaimed "Blackberry early adopter since the beginning of Crackberry time", yet only 2 posts one the largest Blackberry forum. Doesnt quite add up for me. Sounds more like an AT&T employee who's commission check wasn't quite what it should have been trying to persuade people away from the only company offering the Storm lol
    Now only if AT&T sold the 8703 could that possibly be true. Learn your devices sir. Maybe it's a disgruntled Verizon employee who realizes his company should have went with the Bold

To the OP and others with the same views... I would definitely suggest giving it some time and also remember 30 days. You can keep it and hopefully updates come soon to resolve most issues/bugs. I am still considering going into a Verizon store to purchase such device. I may even just buy it, unlock it and use it on at&t.
    12-02-08 01:03 AM
    it was a rhetorical post, kind of like yours that cited wholly unsupported "statistics."
    I see. There are plenty of "real" studies being shown about the dangers of texting while driving Texting while driving is more dangerous than drink-driving you can read one there. Some people don't put a lot of weight into statistics, or studies on certain issues. I've seen a lot of people pulled over for driving drunk who swear they did nothing wrong as I've watched the car swerve all over the road.

People who walk while texting are falling off of curbs, walking into poles, etc. If you fail to see a danger while someone who is operating a 3,000 pound plus vehicle stares at their cellphone doing 30 miles an hour sending a text, then you're on your own.
    12-02-08 07:18 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD