I am desparate to retrieve some old emails (from 8-9 months ago). I use AOL and so they have been deleted from AOL, and they have been removed from my BB 8830. I am setup using BIS, any chance that blackberry holds old emails that I might be able to have access to?
    08-26-08 07:56 PM
    The best I can tell you to do is scrap that AOL Mail. Get Gmail. Better, more memory, and the Blackberry application is on point for it.

Then once you do that, Download the Desktop Manager, and do daily backups on your blackberry. (what I do), to save all of your stuff. I'm trying to find a way to stop all of my job emails, and "weekly sales" from like cvs and best buy from coming to my inbox though
    08-26-08 08:00 PM
    I understand and I will. It's just that I need specific emails that I sent/received.
    08-26-08 08:07 PM
    Have you checked the trash bin on aim? Because if you havent, try that.

If you have, thats pretty much a done deal for all of your mail
    08-26-08 08:11 PM
    if you use the AOL desktop software rather than webmail access, there is a chance to recover -- IF you set it up to save read emails.

Check the "Filing Cabinet" and your incoming and sent emails may be there. They would be saved on your PC not on the AOL server.

If you accessed AOL via webmail, and you deleted them, then they are gone.

They will only be on your blackberry if you set the bb to "save for xx days" -- and the default is 30, so unless you set it to longer they're not on the bb

BIS 2.0 doesn't save emails on the website server. the 1.x version did, but it had a fairly low storage limit so with any volume at all they would no longer be there either.

My guess is they are long gone, but there are a few very slim chances.
    08-26-08 08:21 PM
    thanks for the advice
    08-26-08 10:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD