April 17th MBAonline posted this detailed graphic declaring the death of research in motion:

Venturebeats reposted spreading around the graphic to social media outlets.
    Things like this really lay it out to the general consumers, propaganda like this unfortunately makes it's way around the web and spreads half-truths and overall is misleading.

Thought I'd share it here...
    04-25-12 02:45 AM
    The dead will rise.
    04-25-12 03:05 AM
    Nothing is dead. It's all marketing strategy to sell iPhones. Interesting how Google hasn't attacked RIM like Apple has. That says something to me.

BB all the way for me, folks...Apple can kiss my Black a.s.s.!
    04-25-12 03:23 AM
    That graphic lost all credibility after they called the 850 a Phone.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    BrizzadMan likes this.
    04-25-12 04:17 AM
    Let's look at that sales per quarter graph. Looks like Apple has an issue as well.
    araratch likes this.
    04-25-12 06:35 AM
    Let's look at that sales per quarter graph. Looks like Apple has an issue as well.
    You really don't want to start a sales discussion on this. The numbers aren't close.
    04-25-12 07:52 AM
    is there actually a point to this thread... ? .. Does this thread..

a) provide any new information?
    b) tell us anything we didnt know?
    c) not belong in one of the 200 other threads with the identical subject matter?

visiting this room of the forum is getting more and more pointless...
    04-25-12 08:01 AM
    You really don't want to start a sales discussion on this. The numbers aren't close.
    Thats right - I forgot. A loss of 4 million users for RIM is WAAAAAAAAAY worse than 4 million users lost for Apple. What was I thinking.
    04-25-12 08:14 AM
    Lol, that's actually pretty accurate. I don't think the analyst know the future market though.

The way I see it, tabs are becoming more popular and phones are just an extension of the tab, slimmed down.

I think RIM is still in it with the PlayBook and BB10. The tech market is a fickle b!tch!

Will be interesting to see what happens.

If RIM goes under, I'm not sure if I'd go Google or Windows. All I know is Apple has no where to go but down now.
    04-25-12 08:19 AM
    I'm always amazed in the glee some sites / news outlets take in RIM's recent troubles.

Don't get me wrong, there is much to be worried about and who knows what the future holds but cutesy graphics like this just make me scratch my head.
    04-25-12 08:24 AM
    True the iPhone tends to work better and do more IMO, but I got the BB for the keyboard in all honesty. lol
    04-25-12 08:24 AM
    The iPhone doesn't even have an LED. Are you kidding me?! It's 2012 and they don't have ongoing visual alerts. Haha. I don't know how that's accetable.
    04-25-12 08:28 AM
    Thats right - I forgot. A loss of 4 million users for RIM is WAAAAAAAAAY worse than 4 million users lost for Apple. What was I thinking.
    Apple would have to stop selling units and BlackBerry would have to open 19 full production plants to even begin to sell what Apple does. Anyone can take a snap shot from last year and attach anything they want to it. Fact is, iOS beat last years numbers Q1, and they have surpassed analysts expectations so far.

When APPL stocks crap out to $13.00 a share, you can post till your heart is content.

Save it for the iMore forums.
    04-25-12 08:33 AM
    RIM is going to turn into a zombie and eat the brains of android and apple.
    OniBerry likes this.
    04-25-12 08:36 AM
    Wow who/what is this MBA garbage and how are they a remotely credible source?

Apple is a terrible company. Before fanboys jump on me in their defence though, they're terrible people. Steve Jobs was a terrible person and I guess he got what he deserved - that's my opinion at least! If he was a good person at ALL, he would still be alive. I mean, look at Magic Johnson - right?!
    Knightcrawler and bigbmc26 like this.
    04-25-12 08:39 AM
    Um, doesn't everyone die of something. Your grandparents must have been terrible people! Got the cancer.

I don't know what's worse. IPhone evangelists or bible thumpers! Haha!
    04-25-12 08:42 AM
    Um, doesn't everyone die of something. Your grandparents must have been terrible people! Got the cancer.

I don't know what's worse. IPhone evangelists or bible thumpers! Haha!
    I have never had an iPhone user tell me I was in danger of going to he||....so I sort of prefer the iguys
    04-25-12 08:51 AM
    LOL! But they tell you you're in wireless purgatory.
    OniBerry likes this.
    04-25-12 08:54 AM
    Wow who/what is this MBA garbage and how are they a remotely credible source?

Apple is a terrible company. Before fanboys jump on me in their defence though, they're terrible people. Steve Jobs was a terrible person and I guess he got what he deserved - that's my opinion at least! If he was a good person at ALL, he would still be alive. I mean, look at Magic Johnson - right?!
    Good point. I mean, when a child dies of cancer, I'm sure that child "deserved" it too.
    04-25-12 08:58 AM
    Re-read the graph. It wasn't a loss of users, it was a decline in quarterly sales in the quarter before the 4S was launched. In the last 2 quarters, 73 million iPhones sold. In its last 2 quarters, RIM's shipped 25 million BBs. Like I said, the numbers are not close.
    brucep1 likes this.
    04-25-12 09:00 AM
    If I were grading this 'case study', I'd surely have given it an F. It tells me absolutely nothing.
    04-25-12 09:02 AM
    With all that said.....I still LOVE MY BLACKBERRY DEVICES.....so now what
    04-25-12 09:06 AM
    This will get ugly. I mean, some guy on this thread said people die because theyre bad people. Please close this thread.
    Barljo and addicted44 like this.
    04-25-12 09:10 AM
    Infographics are generally garbage, this is nothing new. However, the numbers themselves don't lie. Regardless of what you think of Apple's products they are selling and will continue to sell extremely well for the forseeable future.

All these attempts to dismiss Apple as "itoys" or pointing at every dip in growth as a sign of their impending doom is exactly the kind of "head in the sand" behivious that got RIM into this position in the first place.
    Yaceka likes this.
    04-25-12 09:10 AM
    And den?????
    04-25-12 09:13 AM
91 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD