I just bought 3 Motorola android phones. I can not wait any longer for a new full touch bb10 or Android device. It's pretty bad when I can't even think to wait since there is a good chance no such device is coming. A little transparency may have made me wait a bit longer.

Oh well.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by kfh227; 11-30-15 at 10:03 PM.
    gfondeur likes this.
    11-30-15 09:39 PM
    Not a bad decision as it might be a while before they release an all touch device. You could have bought the Priv and just kept the slider closed. Not ideal, but an option (one I'm currently doing because I hate the keyboard for typing and only use it for the touch pad feature).
    phuoc likes this.
    11-30-15 09:47 PM
    OP, how often do you normally switch phones?

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    11-30-15 09:54 PM
    I thought there was a full touch BlackBerry Android device coming.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-15 11:34 PM
    I like to upgrade my phone around every two years. I've been using the z30 since it launched. I ordered my new phone, the funny thing is it has nearly the same specs as the priv but it is all touch. Too bad BlackBerry didn't make it.
    11-30-15 11:39 PM
    I just bought 3 Motorola android phones. I can not wait any longer for a new full touch bb10 or Android device. It's pretty bad when I can't even think to wait since there is a good chance no such device is coming. A little transparency may have made me wait a bit longer.

Oh well.

Posted via CB10
    You did the right thing. It's improbable that any new BB10 devices are coming. It's Also improbable that an all touch BlackBerry android device is coming. I could explain why but I'm sure you already know. A little transparency would have likely made you move along sooner.
    JeepBB and Elephant_Canyon like this.
    11-30-15 11:56 PM
    You did the right thing. It's improbable that any new BB10 devices are coming. It's Also improbable that an all touch BlackBerry android device is coming. I could explain why but I'm sure you already know. A little transparency would have likely made you move along sooner.
    Ya, BBRY needs it's niche. That's the physical keyboard.

For the forseeable future, they won't make touchscreen based phones.

I do think if Android is a success for BBRY though, that they make a mid level device that is full touch.
    12-01-15 11:09 AM
    Ya, BBRY needs it's niche. That's the physical keyboard.

For the forseeable future, they won't make touchscreen based phones.

I do think if Android is a success for BBRY though, that they make a mid level device that is full touch.
    Why do you think they would make a mid level touch device?
    12-01-15 11:14 AM
    Now, I 'm a BlackBerry 10 Enthusiast.
    But as for as the Priv goes, if the price isn't a barrier why couldn't you just keep it closed and use it as an all touch device.

The PKB doesn't limit any of the touch features, it's only an added option. And really doesn't make it significantly thicker or heavier.
    To me it's like having a multi-fuel generator. If you prefer running it on gas, that's fine. But why self impose limitations in a pinch if you find yourself needing another option.
    It's like the old saying, "I rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it".

But I agree with you on the issue of transparency.

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    12-01-15 11:55 AM
    If they would sell it for $150 less I promise not to use the keyboard, the sliding mechanism and Android.
    gfondeur likes this.
    12-01-15 12:41 PM
    If they would sell it for $150 less I promise not to use the keyboard, the sliding mechanism and Android.
    The thought has occurred to me that in 6 or 9 months it is not impossible that you could by a priv with the keyboard drawer glued shut.
    12-01-15 01:20 PM
    Now, I 'm a BlackBerry 10 Enthusiast.
    But as for as the Priv goes, if the price isn't a barrier why couldn't you just keep it closed and use it as an all touch device.
    Absolutely true, but it's hard for most people to swallow the price of the Priv when you can get, say, the LG G4, with virtually the same specs except for much better cameras front and back, for under $500 US outright (I got mine for $479 a couple of months ago). The Priv costs 50% more than that, and if you aren't going to use the slider, that's a ton of money for a few BB apps - apps which will likely be available to everyone (at a price) before too long.
    kfh227 likes this.
    12-01-15 08:01 PM
    The thought has occurred to me that in 6 or 9 months it is not impossible that you could by a priv with the keyboard drawer glued shut.
    Overstock re-modelled to all-touch...? 8-)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    12-01-15 11:36 PM
    Absolutely true, but it's hard for most people to swallow the price of the Priv when you can get, say, the LG G4, with virtually the same specs except for much better cameras front and back, for under $500 US outright (I got mine for $479 a couple of months ago). The Priv costs 50% more than that, and if you aren't going to use the slider, that's a ton of money for a few BB apps - apps which will likely be available to everyone (at a price) before too long.
    How much was that G4 at release? The key for anyone is to simply wait for the hype to lessen and then pick one up for a fraction of the initial if that's ones choice. The rate at which these device makers are releasing phones is simply no good for any of them. Is the G4 that much better than a G3? An S6 that much better than the S5? But then I don't think average users change as often as enthusiasts. Shoot a Z10 marching toward 3 years old still would still work perfectly fine for the average user. It handles email well, texts, messages, handles social media etc.

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    gfondeur likes this.
    12-02-15 12:19 AM

Oh well.

Posted via CB10
    Hope you get updates. They have experienced some really adverse press for not updating some existing '14 devices.

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    gfondeur likes this.
    12-02-15 12:22 AM

Oh well.

Posted via CB10
    Why not buy the BlackBerry Priv if you want a smartphone running Google Android?

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    12-02-15 04:23 AM
    How much was that G4 at release?
    It doesn't matter. What matters is, right now, you can get a much less expensive phone with the same specs as the Priv, minus the physical keyboard. So buying the Priv to use as an "all-touch" device doesn't make fiscal sense.
    gfondeur and JeepBB like this.
    12-02-15 09:19 PM
    A physical keyboard takes screen or battery space. Or it adds unnecessary size and weight to a device...
    12-02-15 09:30 PM
    It doesn't matter. What matters is, right now, you can get a much less expensive phone with the same specs as the Priv, minus the physical keyboard. So buying the Priv to use as an "all-touch" device doesn't make fiscal sense.
    I just checked at Rogers for example. The Priv is $799 and the LG is 699. Is the keyboard option worth $100? I guess that depends on the potential purchaser of either phone to decide. Both are too rich for my tastes.

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    12-02-15 09:39 PM
    I use my pkb all the time, when it's closed though you could easily forget it's there. I'd just have done that if I was you. I agree with you though in that it doesn't look like an all touch device is on the horizon.
    12-02-15 09:46 PM