Is there a way of blocking a certain number so they wouldn't send me sms.

There is this one number that sends me about 50 a day and i want this to stop.

How can i do this?
    01-22-08 01:22 PM
    is it an actual person, or is it an automated thing. If it is automated you can try replying "Stop" or "Quit". Someone may have signed you up online for something.

If its an actual person with a 10 digit phone number you can reply to them and tell them to knock it off. If its eating away at your minutes, call Rogers and tell them. If its not, you can make a custom ringtone to "none" and it wont ring when they text you.

It is annoying tough. I had this happen to me, but it turned out to be an automated thing, and replying "Stop" made the evil messages disappear.
    01-22-08 03:35 PM
    It is an automatic machine, the number is 44203 and the message is "WVCI 1.1 1234567."

I get about 50 a day and I've tried EVERYTHING! Its frustrating beyond belief.

What i ended up doing is creating a new profile and using it at night time.
    This profile mutes all sms messages.

I will soon call Fido, my service provider, and tell them what's gonna happen if this doesn't stop.

Funny, it only happens on my BB8800, not on the Nokia e62.
    01-23-08 06:56 PM
    It's probably not anything your carrier can stop, if you can't get the spam stopped, you might have to change your phone number. Not sure if there's anyother way!
    01-23-08 08:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD