Major goof on my part - I was loading a cod file for a browser fix using BBsak and didn't even think about what I was doing. I first used bbsak to remove the net_rim_bb_browser cod, the phone rebooted, then I used bbsak to load the replacement cod. Turns out by removing the browser cod, it wiped all data including messages, address book, calendar entries, browser bookmarks, etc. Didn't wipe any 3rd party apps. Wallpaper reset to default and all icons are back to default. All 3rd party app icons have been moved to the downloads folder.

Now, after using DM to restore from a backup file I made earlier today, none of my browser bookmarks came back, though I can see in the file listing in advanced restore that there are 37 bookmarks in the backup file. But, it's greyed out since it's set for wireless sync and can't be restored through DM. Shouldn't those restore through a full restore procedure? How do I get all of my bookmarks back?
    01-29-10 09:22 PM
    You mention "wireless sync." Can you do it via usb or is that what you were trying?

Maybe reboot both computer and BB and give it another try.

I am not sure if you can "manually" dissect the ipd file and find the bookmarks that way.
    01-30-10 10:42 AM
    Are you connected to a BES?

If not, reload the OS entirely.
    01-30-10 10:48 AM
    I was attempting the restore while connected via usb to my corporate notebook on vpn. On BES. You can choose to restore single items in the ipd file through advanced restore, but anything set for wireless sync will not be available to restore.

Yeah, a full reload might be necessary.
    01-30-10 11:28 AM
    Well, did another backup, wiped and loaded driphter's new 5.1 hybrid, restored and completed EA, and suddenly all previous options are back.
    01-30-10 06:08 PM
    Well, did another backup, wiped and loaded driphter's new 5.1 hybrid, restored and completed EA, and suddenly all previous options are back.
    Keep us apprised of that 5.1 hybrid. I downloaded it but have not done more than that!
    01-30-10 06:59 PM
    Keep us apprised of that 5.1 hybrid. I downloaded it but have not done more than that!
    So far, so good. Device is very snappy, boot time is best ever, radio is strong. Browser still sees that stupid pause sometimes, but overall much better than .419 as stock.
    01-31-10 08:46 PM
    Thanks for the followup. I'm already on a 419 hybrid but this new one sounds pretty good, too. Always this slight reluctance.
    02-01-10 12:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD