Not sure if this has been posted already, at least I searched and didn't get a hit about it...

Joanna Stern is waiting on an email app for both iOS and Android that "does it all." This blog post (via link) intersperses the blogger's message between the many gripes Joanna has about the email apps that are currently available.

I Think Someone Needs A BlackBerry… | UTB Blogs

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 05:41 PM
    Needless to say, she doesn't seem too bothered. On top of that, she used to be a hard core BlackBerry user.

Response to WSJ's Joanna Stern: "I think someone needs a BlackBerry"-screen-shot-2014-04-30-7.53.26-pm.jpg
    04-30-14 05:55 PM
    Lmao! Brilliant responses

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 05:57 PM
    Yeah, @Bla1ze. She's a good sport about it all lol. I just find the post hilarious lol
    04-30-14 06:01 PM
    Haha. Awesome! This gave me a chuckle.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 06:13 PM
    Hahaha nice post. Now Joanna is going back to playing whatever the hottest time-wasting game is on her iPhone /Android. Because this was never really a problem for her in the first place, she just needed an article to write.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 06:33 PM
    The whole problem is iphone users don't have a clue about BB10......sad but true.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 06:40 AM
    The whole problem is iphone users don't have a clue about BB10......sad but true.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe in general. But Joanna is likely well aware of BB10 as a tech writer and all lol.
    05-01-14 09:38 AM
    Maybe in general. But Joanna is likely well aware of BB10 as a tech writer and all lol.
    Not sure about that. If she was a proper tech writer, she would have already figured it all our and instead of writing that she needed an app for what she needs.....she would have written about how BlackBerry has made things easier.

Posted via CB10
    Playbook007 likes this.
    05-01-14 09:56 AM
    Not sure about that. If she was a proper tech writer, she would have already figured it all our and instead of writing that she needed an app for what she needs.....she would have written about how BlackBerry has made things easier.

Posted via CB10
    Not necessarily. Some people, myself included, prefer to look for the apps they need on other platforms as opposed to using BlackBerries because of the other benefits they derive from using other devices.
    05-01-14 10:07 AM
    Not necessarily. Some people, myself included, prefer to look for the apps they need on other platforms as opposed to using BlackBerries because of the other benefits they derive from using other devices.
    That's the issue. As a tech reporter or tech enthusiast, it doesn't mean that apps are the end all and be all of tech. The OS, the experience, the positives and negatives of all tech should be accounted for.

I am a tech enthusiast and I do my review before purchasing. Not just apps but how the tech works and how it will work for me.

That's the one thing that should be a prerequisite for any tech writer.

Posted via CB10
    1REDRUM likes this.
    05-01-14 10:31 AM
    That's the issue. As a tech reporter or tech enthusiast, it doesn't mean that apps are the end all and be all of tech. The OS, the experience, the positives and negatives of all tech should be accounted for.

I am a tech enthusiast and I do my review before purchasing. Not just apps but how the tech works and how it will work for me.

That's the one thing that should be a prerequisite for any tech writer.

Posted via CB10
    Accounting for the positives and negatives and making a subjective choice to use what you would like in spite of the downsides is an individual's decision. Sometimes what's best for you overall is not what's best in isolated instances. Give and take with any device.

You can't determine whether she has the prereqs for tech writing based her personal preference for iOS and Android.
    05-01-14 10:35 AM
    Accounting for the positives and negatives and making a subjective choice to use what you would like in spite of the downsides is an individual's decision. Sometimes what's best for you overall is not what's best in isolated instances. Give and take with any device.

You can't determine whether she has the prereqs for tech writing based her personal preference for iOS and Android.
    You can defend her all you want....she has blind folders on and is totally immersed in her Iphone, like most. Too bad the majority is missing the boat.

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan and lift like this.
    05-01-14 11:21 AM
    Your right indeed about most missing out, but so is Amy in regards to one's personal preference in a device. Think about it, would you give up your BlackBerry just cause one particular function works better on another platform? Or would you just stick it out until your preferred platform cause with a better solution? I know I would...and I have.

Posted via CB10
    Amy wineBerry likes this.
    05-01-14 01:01 PM
    You can defend her all you want....she has blind folders on and is totally immersed in her Iphone, like most. Too bad the majority is missing the boat.

Posted via CB10
    I gain nothing from defending her. As someone who is familiar with her articles, I'm only speaking from what she has presented.

However, I see you gain something from disagreeing with her decision...

Disagree with mine as well. I prefer my Q10 for email management. I prefer my iPhone for everything else. When I am only using my iPhone, I resort to third-party email apps since I find iOS's email management insufficient.

At this point, BB10 as a whole is sufficient for my needs; I just don't choose it over iOS, personal preference and all...
    05-01-14 01:32 PM
    Someone should tweet her a link to the Dad does review of the Z30. She can see how it offers the best of all worlds. Fun and games of her iPhone coupled with the productivity and security of a Blackberry.

I may just tweet her myself later tonight.
    05-01-14 04:20 PM
    Someone should tweet her a link to the Dad does review of the Z30. She can see how it offers the best of all worlds. Fun and games of her iPhone coupled with the productivity and security of a Blackberry.

I may just tweet her myself later tonight.
    I nominate you

The GIF Exchange C001B7B16?
    Rowan M likes this.
    05-01-14 04:39 PM
    This would be an awesome commercial.
    05-02-14 02:53 PM
    Haha I agree, this would be an awesome commercial!

Posted via the Z30 on CB10
    05-02-14 03:27 PM