Posted my Verizon curve on craigslist last night and this is the first email i got in response..everytime i post on craigslist, i seem to get one of these weirdos..lol! (its posted at $200..)

"Hi - i am interested in buying your item for my friend's child who is currently studying in Africa as a congratulatory gift, if you can mail to explain the actual condition presently i am willing to offer 400 U.S.dollars including shipping and insurance via USPS Global e-mail registration,and get back to me with your paypal e-mail ID so that i can transfer your money to your paypal account as soon as possible, Your urgent response will be highly appreciated. Thanks and God bless"

say what now? you want to give me $200 more than i want? MAN! score!

lol..
    04-01-09 07:38 AM
    Usually if it sounds too good to be true it usually is. I would use some caution with this one, but then again i may be wrong
    04-01-09 07:41 AM
    Usually if it sounds too good to be true it usually is. I would use some caution with this one, but then again i may be wrong
    dont worry, there was large amounts of sarcasm when i wrote my post

waaayyy to many people trust these guys tho!
    04-01-09 07:43 AM
    Scams and scam artist flourish because people are blind, deaf, and intellectually challenged when it comes to money.

A few years ago an a young man was selling something on craigslist for $200. He got an offer for $500 from a non-local purchaser and immediately accepted the offer. As soon as the check was received he mailed the item to the purchaser.

When he took the check to the bank to cash it he was arrested for presenting a false instrument. Even though he was later cleared he spent the night in jail until he was bailed out the next morning and spent a few thousand dollars on legal fees. Plus now he has to answer "yes" to the question "have you ever been arrested."

An expensive lesson, but when someone is offering you something out of the ordinary, your first question should be "and why would he or she do that?"
    04-01-09 12:36 PM
    If you think that's funny, check this out: best-of-craigslist
    04-01-09 01:07 PM
    Hahahahaha....I almost peed my pants. It never ceases to amaze me when I see what kind of fellow humans surround us....
    04-01-09 01:44 PM
    Yeah, in economics, rationality means that every person is seeking to do what would benefit him oor herself the most, resulting in the biggest reward.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 02:19 PM
    Scam, scam scam scam. They are so obvious now that it amazes me that there are people out there that fall for them.

04-01-09 02:42 PM
    almost every for sale I post on craigslist gets at least one of these guys.. I am surprised at how many people actually believe them and how many of them are out there.
    04-01-09 02:58 PM
    Repsond and ask them about your lottery winnings that you want to claim.
    04-01-09 03:00 PM
    There's a sucker born every minute!
    04-01-09 03:02 PM
    any response to an ad with 'god bless' and 'africa' is generally always a scam. damn nigerians (sorry to anyone who is from there and is a decent person)
    04-01-09 03:13 PM
    ROBLMFAO! I had to stop, some of that was just too *+@% funny. Thanks for the laughs!

04-01-09 03:15 PM
    Thats funny, I got the EXACT same reply when I tried to sell an IPOD back in November
    04-01-09 03:21 PM
    It says scam all over it to me! I also tired to post things for sale on craigslist and they sent me too much money and wanted me to send the extra back! Good LUck
    04-01-09 03:27 PM
    That is exactly the reason I never sell anything over the internet. It either face to face or nothing
    04-01-09 03:38 PM
    Yeah, like this one I've heard on the CB radio a couple of times.

Anyone wanna buy a nice pistol, .45 caliber Glock, two magazines, 300 bucks.

Someone always says sure, I'm interested, can I check 'em out.

Absolutely, I'm over here by the trash dumpster, you'll see me, I'm wearing the dark jacket and wearing a ski mask.

04-01-09 04:25 PM
    YOU WILL LOSE YOUR PHONE.

This is a well known and well documented scam. Frequently but not always the destination will be Nigeria, but certainly "west africa". The payment to you will be rolled back when it is found to be made with a stolen or fraudulent order. By then your phone will be on the way and not recoverable.
    04-01-09 05:19 PM
    Posted my Verizon curve on craigslist last night and this is the first email i got in response..everytime i post on craigslist, i seem to get one of these weirdos..lol! (its posted at $200..)

"Hi - i am interested in buying your item for my friend's child who is currently studying in Africa as a congratulatory gift, if you can mail to explain the actual condition presently i am willing to offer 400 U.S.dollars including shipping and insurance via USPS Global e-mail registration,and get back to me with your paypal e-mail ID so that i can transfer your money to your paypal account as soon as possible, Your urgent response will be highly appreciated. Thanks and God bless"

say what now? you want to give me $200 more than i want? MAN! score!

lol..
    Few things i love about scammers is their location is usually Africa or nigeria
    I disdn't know africa even had cellular service, i learn new things everyday

(not discriminatory to africans)
    04-01-09 08:15 PM
    do the people that fall for internet scams get messed over badly? What could a scammer do if the person sent all their info like address and phone number and everything?
    04-01-09 08:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD