Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By wasabiGT
  • 1 Post By spikesolie
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Resizeable active frames.

I just had an idea.
    What if we could resize the active frames like the metro tiles in Windows Phone? That would really add to the overall productivity of the frames.

Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

Get a windows phone.

Have fun with them.

Posted via CB10
    Phone: current - HTC One past - Z10, SGS3, SGS2, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, BB9000, iPhone 3G, BB Curve, BB Pearl, iPhone 2, iPhone 1, Sony P990, Sony P900, Sony Ericsson T68i, Nokia 8890, various Nokias
    Tablet: Playbook Wifi
    CrackBerry Addict

Not bad. Hmmm. Not bad at all.

From Zarafet my Z30.
    From Zarafet my Z30
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    661 Global Posts

I think this is a brilliant idea and always thought of this. It would make the frames screen look better. For me, I always end up closing my apps when I don't use them because you can only see 4 active frames on the screen at one time. If there were more with different sizes, it would look pretty cool and I'd keep them open for easy access and more info shown on the screen
    7230>7780>8700>8100>8300>9000>8900>9700>9800>9860> 9900>Z10>Q10<Z30
    Currently a new BB Passport, the best phone I've ever had hands down.(Said that about my Z30 too!)
    Several iPhones, Androids, and WP in between.
    CrackBerry Genius

I believe it would clutter the screen but that's just me.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,407 Global Posts
    PIN
    7901FC6B

I like the uniform look of the frames as they are, I just wish we could pin them.
    Everyone, everyone, stop fighting! Look unto me! I possess the blue flag! I wield the power infinite! The universal fabric is mine to unravel! My every thought becomes reality! Mountains will fall! Seas will boil! Day will be at night! People will...run...chicks'll dig me!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,424 Global Posts

I have a solution for you. Redesigned my previous active frames concept...it looks really nice in my opinion. I'll post when I get home. Accounts for pinning frames, resizing (that's been debatable as a feature people would want). Using gestures to pin and close or static buttons.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by pantlesspenguin View Post
    I like the uniform look of the frames as they are, I just wish we could pin them.
    I agree with what you say. From the possible leak this morning of the windermere I think uniformity amongst the OS is going away. I'd prefer having all eight frames on one screen. Someone made a concept a long time ago. Can't search for it now. About to head into a meeting.
    CrackBerry User

But that's just it - you wouldn't have to resize them if you don't want to. You could keep the uniform look while others could resize.
    CrackBerry Genius

Well the leaked windermere 8 active frames picture looks similar to the idea u posted. It looks like some are smaller

Posted via CB10
    Banned

I guess pinning Active Frames would be a nice option. I just find that they make the most sense the default way BlackBerry 10 handles them now. Usually where it matters to me is in the lightning fast switching back and forth between the Active Frames at the top during multitasking. I think pinned frames would just make me have to look for the ones I'm switching between.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by ce71 View Post
    But that's just it - you wouldn't have to resize them if you don't want to. You could keep the uniform look while others could resize.
    That would be awesome

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,424 Global Posts

Active Frames 10.3 Update! - Concept

my concept in resizing and pinning...i have refined it but haven't uploaded the updated concept...basically update takes into account the 10.3 styles, and a similar appearance and function to the bb express app...imagine when rearranging apps it functions similar to how you rearrange panes in BB Express