Now I understand that a battery pull usually takes care of most strange issues that arise with the BB. But my question is when you pull the battery is it better to turn it off then pull or just pull while it is still on. A VZW tech told me never to pull the battery when it is on, which i don't do but i didn't know if most people who come on here and are told to do a battery pull shut down first. I am mostly asking as a PSA to those that have to do this, as in to not damage their bb if when they eventually have to battery pull reset.
    05-06-08 06:04 PM
    I pull it while the phone is on.
    05-06-08 06:07 PM
    I was under the impression a battery pull is to be done while the phone is on. It has always worked for me.
    05-06-08 06:19 PM
    I trust the community here more than I would trust some "tech" that works for the carrier. I always do a battery pull with the phone on.
    05-06-08 06:21 PM
    Pulling the battery and reinserting it does nothing to a powered off device.

Nothing beats a cold boot.
    05-06-08 09:57 PM
    Honestly it probably does damage it to some extent, but I do pull it without turning it off. I don't know the extent of the damage and it's probably not much.

Would you pull the power cord out the socket before turning your PC off? Most people don't.

05-06-08 11:06 PM
    my mother works for verizon tech support and said that basically if you pull the battery when the phone is off, you are doing nothing to resolve any issues. its as if the phone never even knew the battery was gone, if that makes sense. the only way to do a hard reset and solve issues with the phone is to leave it on when ya do it.
    05-07-08 10:57 AM
    Like rebooting your laptop or PC
    05-07-08 11:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD