When I resent my service books, all of my calendar entries which were created under a specific email address under the "Send using" were all changed to "default device". Is there any way I can get them back to the respective email addresses they were at? Now none of my calendar entries are showing up on my today homescreen since I can't change the default calendar under device defaults to "Default Device". This has happened in the past and it is very frustrating to deal with. Thanks!
    04-26-09 12:45 AM
    I think you might have to redo it all or have you tried to restoring a back up ?
    04-26-09 01:18 AM
    I think you might have to redo it all or have you tried to restoring a back up ?
    Nah I haven't made a back up in a week or two. That's my problem, the only solution is to have to re enter in all of the entries using my default email address since all of my entries were changed to "device default". That's not really a solution to the problem though. Very frustrating that this happens and especially that RIM doesn't allow you to change the email address associated with a calendar entry after it has been saved. Why!?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-09 01:37 AM
    give me a few I have enlisted the help of a great wise one
    04-26-09 01:50 AM
    Use DM to clear all calendar databases then re-sync with outlook. If you're using google sync, go to options and reset the calendar then re-sync.

04-26-09 06:27 AM
    Default Calendar doesn't really exist, it's a pointer to one of your real calendars associated with an email address. The entries should be associated with one of the real calendars so you may be able to find them and set that calendar the default (by its email address).
    04-26-09 06:35 AM
    Go into your....

Menu
    Options
    Advance options
    Default services.....

Change your CICAL to your default email, or the one where you had all your appointments set at.
    04-26-09 08:22 AM
    Go into your....

Menu
    Options
    Advance options
    Default services.....

Change your CICAL to your default email, or the one where you had all your appointments set at.

I did this but it still didn't change back all of the entries from "Default Device"... thats the problem. Now I have all my entries which aren't showing up on the homescreen.
    04-26-09 11:33 AM
    Have you done a battery pull for about 5 minutes since? That worked for me yesterday.

04-26-09 11:52 AM
    I'm slightly lost on this but I think I understand. If your problem is what i think, shouldn't you simply be able to go to calendar>select calendar>show all calendars
    or pick whichever calendar it is you are trying to use?
    04-26-09 12:39 PM
    I'm slightly lost on this but I think I understand. If your problem is what i think, shouldn't you simply be able to go to calendar>select calendar>show all calendars
    or pick whichever calendar it is you are trying to use?
    No... he's talking about getting his calendar to show on his home screen, using a today theme, and it isn't working because his calendar entries have gotten messed up.

To the OP... this happened to my husband, and his entries were changed to "Device Default" somehow, but they are still showing up in the today screen. They also still sync with Outlook. Just when I think I have the calendar function/today screen thing figured out, it throws me for a loop.
    04-26-09 04:53 PM
    I had the problem. I tried everything mentioned above, searched everywhere, and tried a few other suggestions. Finally, I had to re do every appointment in my calendar to re associate them with my selected default email. It took me several days. Good luck.

04-26-09 07:51 PM
    I had the problem. I tried everything mentioned above, searched everywhere, and tried a few other suggestions. Finally, I had to re do every appointment in my calendar to re associate them with my selected default email. It took me several days. Good luck.

Yeah I guess I'll have to do that as well. Its so frustrating, I wish I at least knew exactly what I did that caused it so it doesn't happen again.

04-26-09 07:56 PM
    Well, like you said, it's when you re-send your service books. Last week, I had to change my e-mail password and when I wasn't receiving e-mail, I re-sent the service books and all my calander entries changed to default. In addition, I can't get either my bold, DM, or Outlook to keep my entries forever. They seem to delete itself after some time even though both the BB and DM are set to forever....frustrating.
    04-28-09 09:53 AM
    Well, like you said, it's when you re-send your service books. Last week, I had to change my e-mail password and when I wasn't receiving e-mail, I re-sent the service books and all my calander entries changed to default. In addition, I can't get either my bold, DM, or Outlook to keep my entries forever. They seem to delete itself after some time even though both the BB and DM are set to forever....frustrating.
    I never resend service books, the only problem was that I had two of the same emails in my profiles, so I deleted the email from my service books, rebooted, and resent them, that's when all the calendars got ruined. I hope RIM fixes this bug, or at least allow for editing the "send using" in already occurring appointments.

04-28-09 10:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD