This post is mainly for the developers and users of FB. Hope these improvements will
    come about and make things easier for all.

FB on OS7 was slow, on OS10 it is much faster and pleasing to use even on my Q10 with the
    small screen compared to the screen of the Z10, Z30 or Passport.
    After using the FB app on the iphone5 I realized its not just the screen size that matters. The ease and
    functionality of the app also makes things faster and easier for everyone independent of the screen size.

Improvements required on the OS10 FB app;

1. Follow or get notifications of someones post without commenting on the post
    2. Insert a picture or emoticon on a post/ comment
    3. See which post you got tagged on and remove or accept the tag
    4. Read a notification and after clicking "done", returning to or continuing on the notifications window.
    5. History seems to be max 4-5days. Cant see further than that don't know why.
    6. When viewing a picture there should be an option to save, copy or share the picture. Currently you need to press on the
    picture and the only button that comes up is "save" which saves to a picture folder.
    7. When viewing a link or video, it should give an option to immediately share the link on your timeline or copy the link
    to memory so we can post it to email, on another post, sms etc.
    8. When being added to a group conversation, an option or button to leave the conversation must be available.

The rest is good. When opening a link it opens it in the browser and and this allows you to continue reading whats on FB while the link loads.Video streaming seems faster than iphone, copy and paste of text is easy, fast and precise and
    this is what I love about BB.
    Last edited by m2k_mz; 10-20-14 at 08:40 AM.
    10-20-14 02:42 AM
    Actually a good thread. And FB app works okay on a mobile device. But in general I would say you exaggerate a little bit. FB app works good. You have your notifications on your hub (very important) and it works in general.

Compare it to the gruesome OS7 app. That was a measly experience.

Again, there are far more problems we have than improving the FB app.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 03:52 AM
    Don't forget the fact that Facebook stories keep repeating after and after. 3-4 times the same stories repeat is like going in circles, that's so frustrating.

I prefer to open Facebook in the browser.

I'm in the mood with my smooth Z10
    horyel likes this.
    10-20-14 03:57 AM
    Fistmaster thanks for the feedback. I didn't exaggerate in any way and most of this is already implemented on iphone so I don't see why we BB lovers cant have it too. I don't even have notifications on my hub and trying to findout why not.

Yes I agree there are other problems than the FB app but then again there are other teams to work on them and not just one team.
    10-20-14 04:33 AM
    Bestest m2k,

Thank you, too.

It is a shame that Zuckerberg don't want to make a native for us BlackBerry addicts. As far as I know, BlackBerry made the Facebook app. It's insane if you ask me.

The FB app is important and draws STARPOWER when it comes to buying a smartphone. Remember the BB10 opening in January 2012? Heinz showed that BlackBerry now has SKYPE !!! Twitter, Facebook etc.

Skype is a poor port and not even native. Well,and Fb is made by BlackBerry. BlackBerry makes actually a good job.

Do you know how the is doing at ios and Android, mate ?

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 06:10 AM
    I refuse to use the Facebook app on BB10. Its horrible. I just use the browser version.

I like the Facebook app on my iPod, but whomever is designing for BlackBerry should be fired.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 06:28 AM
    Im not sure who makes for ios and android but I would assume its a team for each OS. The same as for OS10.
    If Zuckerberg don't want to make for us its probably coz he is using ios or android and that works for him.

We need our fb team to improve on the fb app. A lot of people, like it or not, use FB for chatting, finding out whats happening
    with friends and family, getting the latest news (accidents, mugging incidents, travel tips in towns/ countries, selling/ buying stuff etc.)
    Pick up a ios cell and you notice the difference with fb app. I just hate copy/paste on ios, prefer physical keyboard and if i wasn't a BB addict think I would have moved phones. Z30, Passport are out and these with the large screens should be a marvel to use the fb app with these improvements. Would be interesting to know the percentage of people who buy phones strictly for business (emails, calls) and those who buy for pleasure (emails, calls, fb, bbm, internet, games etc). All work and no play makes your BB a dull boy lol....
    10-20-14 06:37 AM
    I don't know. Fb on bb10 is fine with me.

He'll, we even have 1 USP that is superior to the hyped ios and Android.

We DON'T need to download an extra app to chat/message

We have still all in one app.

While the the rest is obliged to download another Zuck-App and we don't need to.

Posted via CB10
    bakron1 likes this.
    10-20-14 06:43 AM
    Thanks TheQuietRioter and duguso1983... I normally copy and paste news articles from browser to fb and that's why the fb app would come in handy as its fast to move between the two especially with the OS10 swiping.... I will definitely try using fb via the browser for the moment. This will only make more people stop using the fb app unless some changes are done to it.
    TheQuietRioter likes this.
    10-20-14 06:44 AM
    Fistmaster im glad its fine for you. Then again you already have 3 people here saying it needs to be improved with one even suggesting the people infront of the bb fb app should be fired. Goes to show how terrible it is. Either way the main idea of the post here is to let the team working on this know about this and hopefully for the next upgrades from them we can see major improvements.
    10-20-14 06:54 AM
    M2k hopefully my friend.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 07:03 AM
    Okay. Now I am getting trolled from FB App.

I commented on my Cousins picture he made today. Then, another friend of him gets in the conversation.

And I am getting the notification that he commented on that pic. And my cousin answered: Boom! Notification.

That annoying. I am getting 9 notifications of their convo common man. Please change that.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 08:10 AM
    Thanks for reminding me on that Fistmaster, that's another option we need. A button to leave the conversation. I also experienced this.
    10-20-14 08:19 AM
    I prefer to open Facebook in the browser.
    Same here. I wish the app text size could be enlarged by a couple of points.

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.3337/ t&at
    wyleybuster likes this.
    10-20-14 08:27 AM
    I will say that
    Fb dsnt allow to make spacial fb app like twitter it is bad thing

Develpors cant make pure FB for BlackBerry 10 because fb dsnt allow like twitter
    Fb app is almost same in all os(windos,,ios,andoid, bb,
    Fb should be different for every os like
    Whaapp and twitter

posted via Q10
    10-20-14 08:34 AM
    The app needs a few features fixed and added. Not sure it constitutes being labeled a bad app or someone being fired. I still don't know how anyone can waste more than 2-4 mins on FB at a time regardless of platform.

Sent while driving from my Crackberry.
    10-20-14 09:14 AM
    App is terrible.

The latest update made it a little better but for being a native app, this thing is unacceptably laggy and missing plenty of features. Being probably the most used mobile app on all platforms, this app needs more attention from BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 09:31 AM
    I still dont get why sometimes opening FB chat takes ages.
    interface loads quickly, but content takes forever and sometimes doesnt load at all.
    it's like chat loads all content every time the chat is open.
    I expect fb to keep local cache and have it ready for all the chats I have open for last 7 days and display it immediately!

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 04:02 PM
    Fb chat needs to be sorted. Online= alphabetically , most recent = most recent first

Currently everyone is just mashed into a list with no order (the Facebook mobile website is like this as well.. but IIRC android app isnt)
    10-20-14 04:17 PM
    Master font control in settings should control font size in FB app the way it does in say our CrackBerry app and others.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 04:24 PM
    Thanks TheQuietRioter and duguso1983... I normally copy and paste news articles from browser to fb and that's why the fb app would come in handy as its fast to move between the two especially with the OS10 swiping.... I will definitely try using fb via the browser for the moment. This will only make more people stop using the fb app unless some changes are done to it.
    Exactly! People may stop using the app more often. The mobile browser version is much more efficient and provides more options.
    I just constantly gravitate toward it more.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 05:50 PM
    My feeds keep Repeating
    Repeating
    Repeating
    Repeating!

Sick and tired! FIX IT!

Z10
    10-21-14 10:12 AM
    Keep in mind, when FB built an app for the other devices ..... They made it so you HAD to install a chat app which is a constant drain on batteries. Here at least you guys can access messages inside your FB app and not agree to a world of invasions just to send a message to someone. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Sent from my HTC one M8 using Tapatalk HD
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    10-21-14 10:31 AM
    FB app also needs to be able to log out without deleting the account and the respective credentials. I don't like to have Facebook always ON, so is annoying having to put the email and password all the time I want to go to facebook
    10-21-14 10:33 AM
    I will say that
    Fb dsnt allow to make spacial fb app like twitter it is bad thing

Develpors cant make pure FB for BlackBerry 10 because fb dsnt allow like twitter
    Fb app is almost same in all os(windos,,ios,andoid, bb,
    Fb should be different for every os like
    Whaapp and twitter

posted via Q10

posted via Q10
    10-21-14 11:11 PM
34 12