i am having difficulting replying to on my 8830. it seems to work with SMS and PIN messages, but not so good with email. when i try to reply, i can't send - only save draft.
    has anyone else had these problems? i am hoping it is a simple fix.
    Please reply asap as this is a real bother for me.
    10-09-07 07:28 AM
    Have you selected a recipient yet or delete it by accident? If the To:, CC, BCC fields are blank, there is no send option. Hope this helps.
    10-09-07 07:50 AM
    yes, i have a recipient selected. i have been using bberry for almost 3 years (older model). i just upgraded to 8830 last week. when replying to an email, it does not give me the option to send my reply - only save draft, paste, or full menu. and full menu does not have option to send. very very frustrating.
    10-09-07 10:01 AM
    hmmm you got me there. i just tried it with mine and send is definitely there. have you tried a battery pull?
    10-09-07 10:04 AM
    i have tried to pull the battery - but another thing i need to figure out is how to do that. i have tried and looked at user manual - i must be doing something wrong as I cannot get the battery cover open.. any suggestions on this?
    10-09-07 10:06 AM
    oh yeah...this is something i struggled with for a minute. okay here we go...
    lock your phone, screen down, place your bb in your hands with the power/mute button's facing you, position your right thumb (left if lefthanded) on the bb (microSD) logo, and push forward. your index and middle fingers will be touching the screen (sorry). it's going to feel like you're going to break something, but that's just how it feels. if you have a mem card installed, keep an eye on it cause it just may fly out. let me konw how it goes.
    10-09-07 10:11 AM
    ok, i have reset the battery and problem still exists. i can not reply to messages. it let's me type reply message, but does not give me option to send it.
    10-09-07 10:12 AM
    hmm im just about out. have you tried resending the BIS service book to your bb?
    10-09-07 10:46 AM
    Yes check your service books and resend them. What email address are you using and is it push or is it forwarded to your phone?
    10-09-07 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD