help, i have had my 8330 for a little less than a month and the screen has a smear in the lcd. Verizon is sending me a new phone and I would like to know,when I recieve and reinstall from the DM. ,what happens to the old pin #. Will any programs using the old number be incorporated with the new unit? Does facebook use the #. Thanks I love this site and my curve.I should be starting rehab soon since getting this phone!!!
    06-16-08 07:59 PM
    I have only figured out that calling the carrier helps fix the pin. Someone else may have the answer. Facebook doesnt use the pin.
    06-16-08 08:03 PM
    The pin is unique to each phone which is how most 3rd party applications register... so what you want to do is that when you get your new handset from VZW make sure that prior to you sending them the old handset back you use the "switch device wizard" in your DM as this will transfer all your applications,themes, BBM contacts, phone book etc... however any 3rd part applications that you may have purchased will not be active until you transfer the Licenses by calling the place you purchased them (ex cracberry store Customer Service) and letting them know that you have switched devices and need to transfer your license to a new unit...once they have registered your new pin they will either give you new Lic. for the new phone or they will simply activate the application on your new handset from their end... Hope this answers your question... and Enjoy your new berry!!
    Last edited by RealEstatePro; 06-16-08 at 08:09 PM.
    06-16-08 08:07 PM
    06-16-08 08:09 PM
    Also if you have the DM already installed on your pc there is no reason to re-install it as it is the same 4.3 DM your current phone came with....
    06-16-08 08:11 PM
    Thanks all, I am always on this site and have learned soo much.Thanks for the quick response
    06-16-08 08:15 PM
    What if you use missing sync and recently switched from BB world edition to the new curve. Do I have to re add my bbm contacts? Please help!
    06-19-08 02:42 PM
    Also if you have the DM already installed on your pc there is no reason to re-install it as it is the same 4.3 DM your current phone came with....
    thats it....GL with the new phone..be careful next time lol
    06-20-08 04:32 AM
    Thanks all.switched it out but had a problem with RIM sending a message every 45 minutes for over 12 hours. Called VZW tech service and had a great tech who got me back to normal in no time. Crackberry is great!!
    06-20-08 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD