hey everyone, i've read on rims website that it's handsets continually removes sensitive data from its temporary memory, what does that actually mean and what data is it talking aout?

cheers
    11-10-12 07:41 AM
    Application and data caches for example. But the only absolutely secure BlackBerry smartphone is one that has been security wiped and powered-down. For the real world, a cryptographically-strong device password, application installation password, and automatic screen lock time-out, plus for those storing sensitive data on the microSD card be sure to enable media encryption. FYI, once media encryption is enabled the data is not recoverable if you move the encrypted microSD card to another device and any device backups preserve encrypted data so it is not accessible without the correct passphrase and device from which it originated. You can encrypt device memory as well if you are really paranoid, however, it has been reported that a Russian security company has found a way to determine the passphrase. I suggest you read the articles and determine the risk potentially posed.
    11-10-12 08:10 AM
    Hey thanks for all that info, I shall take a look in to that. There is a company here in the UK in Sevenoaks called FTS forensics, they can retrieve data from encrypted bb devices and get passed handset lock codes using something called a 'chip off' process so BB's are no longer sercure as they make out to be it now seems.
    11-10-12 09:08 AM