The last few days i've been having some memory problems with my Pearl. While looking around for anything i could remove, i remembered all the app download links i have hidden. some were on the phone new, some have been pushed to the phone since. some of them i have downloaded the apps (facebook, msn, etc), others i have absolutly no interest in (myspace, google talk, Bell's gps nav... and alot more...). i cant find anyway to remove them, so i've just had them hidden. they dont show up in the apps list on the phone, and they dont come up in DM... anyone know how to get rid of them?
    03-19-09 07:36 AM
    Leave them, if they came with the phone.
    If you downloaded an app you go to Options>Advanced Options>Applications>Scroll to it and delete it. If you downloaded an App it will be there.
    To gain memory you should clear your browser cache (browser>options>cache options>clear history and clear cookie cache and also do a battery pull. (Pull the battery out while the phone is on, wait 10 seconds, and then re-insert battery. The phone will re-boot and gain memory.
    03-19-09 07:58 AM
    so any of the links Bell pushes cant be removed? crappy.
    03-19-09 09:09 AM
    if they are pushed thru ur service books, you can, but when you resend ur service books they will return like a bad relative.
    03-19-09 09:15 AM
    The items pushed by the carrier don't really take up much space as they are (for the most part) just installer links. The actual programs aren't installed as long as you don't click on them.

Hiding the icons is really all you can do.
    03-19-09 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD