I am going to buy an 8gb memory stick tomorrow and wanted to know if I removed the battery if I would lose all the data and settings on my curve?

I'm a total newbie and have only synched it to my work computer including outlook once.

Thanks!
    08-03-08 03:11 AM
    no you will be fine. if you have a mem card in there now you need to save everything to the computer then put it on the 8g. also battery remove is a good thing to do every once in a while. i do one every night
    08-03-08 03:15 AM
    +1 -- No need to worry, you won't lose any settings, data, etc.
    08-03-08 04:59 AM
    also battery remove is a good thing to do every once in a while. i do one every night
    Isn't that a bit of an overkill?
    08-03-08 05:39 AM
    The only setting that gets messed up when I do a battery pull is where my pictures get stored when I use the camera. It always reverts back to storing on the device instead of on the memory card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-08 06:48 AM
    i do one every night
    Its like taking your vitamins, I guess. One a Day
    08-03-08 08:15 AM
    Check out this thread Lecture 6: How to Install a Media Card into your BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com. Mind you, it will be useless for your Treo.
    08-03-08 09:10 AM
    Thanks. I currently don't have a memory stick in my Curve since I just bought it Friday. However, I can tell having one is necessary for Media etc..
    08-03-08 01:17 PM
    Yes very necessary. I have an 8gig sandisk microsdhc I scored for $40 delivered on ebay. Almost maxed it out already

I have 2 full length movies, 1000 mp3s, and just yesterday loaded 850 1mb+ .jpg photos from my wedding. haha I would be lost without expandable memory. You want to be able to store as much as possible and keep your device memory as FREE as possible
    08-03-08 02:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD