Is there any way of not having my carriers name from appearing at start up?
    If my phone was unlocked would the carriers name still show up?
    12-05-10 10:09 AM
    Real answer is yes..but you wont find anyone here to tell you about it. Its illegal here. Its not worth the hassle nor risk to do it anyway. Unlocking your phone will not remove the start up screen. Sorry.
    12-05-10 10:14 AM
    It cannot be done on the 9700 at all, unless done by someone at RIM. The illegal software cannot debrand the 9700.

Using an OS from a different vendor will not remove the carrier splash screen, nor will unlocking. It is hard-coded into the device at the factory, and only someone at the factory could remove it.
    12-05-10 10:21 AM
    I'd really like to know why this is even a problem. The thing only shows for a few
    seconds. Easier to just ignore it.
    12-05-10 10:27 AM
    I'd really like to know why this is even a problem. The thing only shows for a few
    seconds. Easier to just ignore it.
    Some people are OCD about debranded devices, as well as if they go to re sell them there is a high profit for 100% debranded devices.
    12-05-10 10:30 AM
    I wonder why the carrier splash screen is such a big deal. I mean, I wonder why it's such a big no no to remove?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-10 10:34 AM
    It isn't a big deal to remove T�nis, it is just that the software to remove it is
    illegal and we have a long standing rule to not discuss illegal and potentially
    dangerous (can completely kill the phone if used wrong) software.
    12-05-10 10:38 AM
    Thanks, A-G, it makes sense!

12-05-10 12:33 PM
    I think its a little ridiculous we can't even talk about it. I mean there is a difference between talking about it and actually using this "illegal" software(whatever the **** that means).
    12-05-10 12:48 PM
    Talking about becoming a potential drug dealer raises suspicion. Think about it that way.

12-05-10 07:20 PM
    Ya. And that's all it does.
    12-05-10 07:53 PM
    Exactly. So why bring the attention on yourself. I'm sure the owners of the site would rather NOT have to worry about that so just follow the rules. They are there for a reason.

12-05-10 07:56 PM
    Google Debranding a blackberry, but otherwise don't discuss it here.

I'm going to close the thread.
    12-05-10 08:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD