Does anybody still care whether their smartphone of choice has a removable battery or not?

I prefer it to be non-removable.
    11-23-15 04:36 PM
    mmmm.....I think i do, but thats mostly because every BB up to the Z10 has had a removable battery, and im glad the Z10 does because I swap batteries on the regular due to its poor battery life (my opinion). I would be willing to try a device without a removable battery though....
    11-23-15 04:59 PM
    If I had my choice it would definitely be removable... The more stuff i can fix myself the better...
    BerryRipe and bbnrs like this.
    11-23-15 05:52 PM
    11-23-15 06:22 PM
    Yep.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 08:14 PM
    I'm ok with non removable as long as it can eventually be replaced.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 08:20 PM
    "removable battery who cares?"

I care big time! A phone should have a battery that is easily accessible and replaceable, so users can swap it out if they need to. Using non-removable batteries just to make a phone super skinny is absurd IMO.
    11-23-15 10:06 PM
    Sealed in batteries are fine if you get new phones every 2 years or so, before the battery wear starts to take in effect.

If you are planning on keeping the phone longer than that (me), then you would need a removable battery.

Also, removable batteries have the option of having an extended battery which I like.
    removable battery who cares?-img_20151113_204835.jpg

So I would not get a phone that has a sealed in battery, which unfortunately includes the newer BlackBerry phones.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 11:54 PM
    Yep.

Posted via CB10
    OK, maybe.
    11-24-15 07:26 AM
    I like being able to carry an extra battery and charger for extended heavy use out of the office, and ESPICIALLY in airports, where outlets can be very scarce or non-existent.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 08:08 AM
    The Passport and the Priv are devices with premium pricing. Now I like BlackBerry 10, which is on the endangered species list. So if BlackBerry isn't going to manufacture another BB10 device, I'd like to be able to replace the battery in the unit I have to prolong it's life. The alternative is to purchase another device, which cost much more than a battery and might not run BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by KNEBB; 11-26-15 at 09:17 AM.
    BerryRipe likes this.
    11-24-15 08:41 AM
    I think a removable battery only adds value to the device. With batteries being so inexpensive these days and the heavy use we put on them why not. I like being able to do a battery pull every so often and with my Z10/Q10 combo I have and use it was needed. More so for the Z10. I like having that option.

Happy Thanksgiving BlackBerry World.. what's left of us

 Pin: 2BD2A1FD| ‎  вιaсĸвεггч� Q❿/Z❿
    bbnrs likes this.
    11-24-15 08:58 AM
    mmmm.....I think i do, but thats mostly because every BB up to the Z10 has had a removable battery, and im glad the Z10 does because I swap batteries on the regular due to its poor battery life (my opinion). I would be willing to try a device without a removable battery though....
    You are right. I use my Z every so often just to change the form factor but dang if my Q10 isn't expediently better battery wise. Nonetheless it was a steal on Ebay so had to get it.

 Pin: 2BD2A1FD| ‎  вιaсĸвεггч� Q❿/Z❿
    11-24-15 08:59 AM
    I don't. Design, as well as good battery life are way more important to me. I often have enough to opportunities to plug in my phone in case I need to.

Even for the older phones that had a removable battery I never owned a spare one.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 11:22 AM
    I don't. Design, as well as good battery life are way more important to me. I often have enough to opportunities to plug in my phone in case I need to.

Even for the older phones that had a removable battery I never owned a spare one.

Posted via CB10
    I don't have any issues either. I haven't needed to recharge my phone during the day for quite some time. It's plugged in at night and that's good enough for my usage. I could see some heavy users needing to recharge more frequently but even that isn't difficult.
    11-24-15 01:00 PM
    Some days I wish it was. Been using this Passport smartphone heavily since 6:30am, now it's 9:22 and @ 57%...

Screen-on time kills every phone... :-(

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    11-24-15 05:24 PM
    Some days I wish it was. Been using this Passport smartphone heavily since 6:30am, now it's 9:22 and @ 57%...

Screen-on time kills every phone... :-(

•   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   •
    I have waited for this to become practical https://www.qualcomm.com/products/mirasol still waiting.
    11-24-15 05:27 PM
    Can the battery of the priv be replaced? As in, can you open the phone (maybe voiding warranty) find the battery, and replace it if you somehow happen to have another unit?
    11-24-15 11:45 PM
    Can the battery of the priv be replaced? As in, can you open the phone (maybe voiding warranty) find the battery, and replace it if you somehow happen to have another unit?
    It's doable for the Passport, so I guess if there's a battery available (ebay, aftermarket, or genuine), I'm sure you can exchange your Priv battery as well... :-)

11-25-15 02:54 AM
    Blackberry Protect

If my phone gets stolen I want to be able to find its location or wipe it remotely, which I can't do if the thief takes the battery out.
    11-25-15 05:16 AM
    With progress comes inevitably change. Remember the bag phones and original brick phones of late 80's/early 90's. Worse problems to complain about.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 11:32 AM
    I care strongly about removable batteries.

I never have phones on contract. If I'm buying my device ought right, then I'd like to think I'm gonna get a few years out of my device from my cash investment.

Battery pull is necessary in odd occasions and seems to be a better method than a device restart IMO.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2639/SR .2474  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    BerryRipe likes this.
    11-25-15 12:41 PM
    Other than batt pulls when we used to need them, I don't see the point. Portable chargers are a much easier solution than carrying two batteries to swap in and reboot with. Not to mention you have to CHARGE two batteries in a phone, which is more difficult and time consuming than simply charging a portable charger via a USB.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    11-25-15 03:39 PM
    Other than batt pulls when we used to need them, I don't see the point. Portable chargers are a much easier solution than carrying two batteries to swap in and reboot with. Not to mention you have to CHARGE two batteries in a phone, which is more difficult and time consuming than simply charging a portable charger via a USB.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry charger bundle, charges your phone and the spare battery overnight on one charger... :-)

Or just the spare battery. Look it up, I find it very useful...

bbnrs and BerryRipe like this.
    11-25-15 04:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    This. Other than rare instances I just don't get it.
    11-25-15 04:10 PM
42 12