A lot of people on here still want a removable battery, and before my Z30 I was one of them. Sometime my phone never leaves my hand. Or at least if feels that way. On light days I have 50% or more left at bedtime. If BB can keep up with the anttena (hardware/software) combo they have on the Z30 and continue to put the bigger batteries in the new devices (Passport, Z3, etc.) you will not need a removable battery, or an additional charger. I had budgeted for a wireless charger for Z30, but never went through with the purchase as it was not needed.
    Anyway just my two cents.
    fanisk likes this.
    07-15-14 11:42 AM
    Even with my Z10 I've really never needed to remove the battery... just used the portable charger. But yeah as long as they have the battery sized correctly there really isn't a need for it anymore.
    07-15-14 11:52 AM
    Good for you.

Not for me.
    peednus likes this.
    07-15-14 12:10 PM
    Yeah, I see what you mean OP. I put an Otterbox case on my Q10, so I don't even get to see the battery cover ever.

I am still quite skeptical about the removable battery myself. If the battery deteriorates a couple years from now, it can get very annoying to find the replacement battery and then taking apart the entire phone for the battery exchange.

If the battery technology advances to the point where there is absolutely no wear on the battery over time, then I can finally forget about removable batteries.

I just had way too much bad experiences with lithium batteries crapping the bed after 2.5 - 3 years. I'm sure others could relate.

There are plenty of parts that I am fine with not being removable such as screen and motherboard, but the battery should be considered as a perishable item, which it is.

To summarize, you are right in that removable batteries are no longer needed for everyday usage, BUT having a replaceable battery is a future insurance just in case the initial battery becomes unusable in 2-3 years.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    Last edited by skstrials; 07-15-14 at 09:40 PM.
    07-15-14 09:26 PM
    But haven't you guys seen the new Samsung commercials? Removable batteries are the next big thing.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 10:15 PM
    I like the option of a removable battery, but it would not be a main factor in a device choice. I couldn't have said that not too long ago. Plus, as noted, portable power banks are available, and some are quite portable.
    07-15-14 11:08 PM
    I see your point as well, but I would bet most people would not have their device much more than 2 years nowadays. I'm sure there are people that have had their device for 5-8 years, I know a few, but anytime I am in a crowd of more than 6 people someone always has a new device since last I saw them. These are my opinions and experience not facts though.
    07-18-14 08:06 AM
    I would rather the choice of a removable battery than not - I am a heavy user and batteries don't last so I need to change them. I tend to keep phones for about two years, so being able to swap out a dud is a good option. Customer service can be inconsistent so being able to do that myself is great. That's why I love my q10. I do use phones with sealed batteries but I'd always rather the option to swap out.
    Sent using tapatalk!
    07-18-14 11:02 AM
    Removable batteries are a nice option but usually come at the expense of durability and thickness. The one thing I don't get is why BlackBerry decided to have a removable back cover on the Z30 when it didn't have a removable battery.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 11:13 AM
    I prefer removable batteries but not a deal breaker

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 12:58 PM